The Jewish Academy of Orlando (JAO) is a private, Jewish day school located in Maitland, Florida, offering Kindergarten through 5th Grade. We are looking for a hands-on, dynamic, and professional leader to fill the position of Executive Director. The Executive Director will have primary responsibility for the business operations of the school, which will include, executive leadership, financial management, marketing, fundraising, development, and special events. This person will work side-by-side with our Principal in leading all school activities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Executive Leadership – lead business office and overall school administrative operations, faculty and staff recruitment, management and development, school accreditation, technology systems, coordination of JAO Board of Directors meetings and implement decisions.
Development and Fundraising – develop strong development and fundraising strategy and lead fundraising and development activities
Financial and Operations Management – lead school financial operations, development of budget, and budget management
Public and Community Relations – articulate mission and values of the school, establish and maintain excellent connections with staff and community, donors, alumni, parents, and community clergy.
• Ability to represent the school’s core values and carry forward the JAO mission
• Respect for the school’s diversity of Jewish practices, affiliations, and cultural aspects
• Ability to maintain the school’s high academic standards while providing a warm and nurturing environment
• High level of professionalism
• Strong understanding of financial operations, planning and oversight
• Experience, comfort, and proven success in financial budgeting, marketing, and fundraising
• Proven record of successful leadership, preferably in a Jewish day school or other educational setting
• Strong leadership and organizational management skills
• Ability to prioritize and delegate tasks and projects, manage across all administration, faculty, and staff
• Excellent interpersonal skills and excellent oral and written communication skills
• Understanding and knowledge of Judaism and ability to serve as a Jewish role model
• Ability to create and maintain relationships inside and outside of our school’s community
• Understanding the need and importance of fundraising and outreach to potential donors
• Academic background in administration and teaching preferred
About our School
JAO is a non-denominational and pluralistic community, and we aspire to create an environment where teachers, parents and students are interconnected. We incorporate academic excellence and Jewish values into every aspect of our curriculum. We strive to foster the values of kindness and self-awareness, and we work to create a love of learning and a passion for the arts and to empower each student to challenge themselves. At the Jewish Academy of Orlando, our focus is on the whole child.
The mission of The Jewish Academy of Orlando is to develop strong leaders and critical thinkers by providing the highest educational standards in an individualized learning environment. We celebrate our Jewish identity, heritage, and values while fostering a passion for learning and high achievement. Our students are empowered to achieve academic success and to become role models in our community and the world.
If you are interested in this position, pleas*****************