The Administrative Assistant provides a wide variety of functions to support the management team of Congregation Netivot Shalom, including but not limited to: correspondence, reception, logistics, accounts payable, accounts receivable and general office operations.
Essential Job Duties / Responsibilities:
- Present a friendly face and a warm smile for each of our members and guests and assist appropriately, both in person and over the phone
- Enter data, filter and run reports in database systems assist and process membership packet, data entry, and distribution
- Process accounts payable and receivable
- Draft letters and correspondence as needed
- Manage, edit and update google documents
- Maintain office files, including paper and shared electronic files
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence
- Draft procedures for office systems
- Purchase and stock office, janitorial and kitchen supplies
- Operate and maintain a wide variety of office equipment including copier, scanner, computer, postage machine
Other duties as needed and assigned.
Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Minimum of two years working as an office assistant, administrative assistant or similar field required, working in non-profit and/or Jewish organization preferred
- Experience in providing administrative support to complex and diverse projects
- Strong customer service skills and knowledge of business/office operations
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; experience copy-editing or proofreading
- Knowledge of operating standard office equipment and programs
The preferred candidate will be reliable, efficient, able to follow instructions, and able to work with a team as well as independently.
- Ability to work at a computer workstation for periods up to 4 hours at a time
- Ability to speak on the telephone on and off for a total of up to 4 hours per day
The hourly rate is $20-$22 per hour, commensurate with experience and qualifications. The benefits package currently includes paid holidays—Jewish and secular, sick leave, and 3 weeks of vacation leave.
About the Organization:
Netivot Shalom began in 1989 and grew out of our founding members’ collective commitment to creating an egalitarian spiritual home for Conservative/Masorti Jews in Berkeley, California. We are members who are Jewish and not, Jews-by-choice, interfaith families, multiracial, multicultural, married, single, families and individuals, LGBTQQ, straight, old, and young. We explicitly recognize and cherish each other as teachers and students.
For more information, please visit our website www.netivotshalom.org
Congregation Netivot Shalom is an Equal Opportunity Employer.