Position Title: Engagement Program Associate
Reports to: Senior Engagement Manager
Status: Full Time, Exempt
At Congregation Emanu-El, we believe that Judaism guides us on our journey to be better people, create stronger community, and repair the world.
We are seeking an engaging, strategic, and relationship-oriented professional to serve as our new Engagement Program Associate. This person will work in close collaboration with the Engagement Manager to shape and execute our congregational engagement strategy and offerings. This person will collaborate with clergy, educators, and volunteers to produce programs, classes, events and experiences that bring congregants a deeper experience of Judaism outside of regular worship services and that build connections between members. The Associate’s specific portfolio will be determined in collaboration with the Engagement Manager and the Senior Director of Membership and Engagement Operations (SD).
What You’ll Do:
• In collaboration with the Engagement Manager, manage a portfolio of relational groups and committees.
o Oversee event coordination, logistics, publicity and follow-up
o Work closely with clergy associated with each group or committee
o Evaluate programs to ensure they meet congregant needs and Temple mission
• Develop relationships with members focusing on defining their interests and placing them in leadership roles within the Temple community in collaboration with the Engagement Manager and SD.
• Plan and manage meaningful member engagement opportunities at Jewish holidays and other special events in partnership with clergy
• Assist the Engagement Manager in planning and executing programs and events as needed (includes some nights and weekends)
• Lead committee meetings and manage volunteers
• Track program and relationship-building metrics
What You’ll Bring to the Job:
• Understanding of and passion for relational engagement and developing a culture of belonging
• An awareness of, and interest in, Jewish culture and traditions
• Confidence initiating and running programs, asking strategic questions, and thinking creatively
• Exceptional organization, leadership, and communication skills
• Comfort in multi-tasking
• Flexible schedule, and willingness to work some nights and weekends
• Comfortable with technology and managing data to draw conclusions that inform decisions
• 2-5 years of relevant experience in a related field (eg: engagement, nonprofits, Jewish communal service, or project management)
• Experience in MS Office 365, Salesforce or other relevant database management, and social media
• Bachelor’s degree
Benefits and Salary:
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and full benefits, including health, dental, vision and life insurance, flexible benefits plan and 403b employer match.
Congregation Emanu-El is a vibrant, dynamic Reform Jewish synagogue with a diverse membership of approximately 1,800 households. Our dedicated staff and clergy are committed to excellence across the organization, connecting members with their Judaism and history at the highest level, and bringing Jewish values to life in meaningful and inspiring ways.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter.