Congregation Kol Ami of White Plains, NY is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our team. This full-time position combines strong administrative skill with creative and innovative graphic design capabilities to support the Executive Director, Director of Member Engagement and Operations, the Comptroller, Board of Trustees, congregants and all visitors to the temple office.
Primary Job Functions:
• Answer and screen phone calls, make appointments, organize and maintain calendars, produce correspondence as directed. Provide polite and professional assistance via phone, mail and email.
• Handle office tasks such as filing, generating reports, gathering information for meetings and events, keeping inventory and ordering supplies.
• Create documents and manage synagogue mailings, working with volunteers and outside vendors supporting the temple.
• Assist the Executive Director in planning meetings, congregational events and in administrating the B'nai Mitzvah program.
• Provide administrative and logistical support required for the smooth running of all Shabbat, life cycle events, festival and High Holy Day services and activities.
• Assist with tracking and coordination of program and event registrations.
• Design innovative flyers and assist the Director of Member Engagement and Operations with production of weekly electronic newsletter.
• Assist in creating publicity, communication, scheduling and follow through of all congregational programs.
• Assist with the development and expansion of social media presence.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• The ability to maintain confidentiality and utilize discretion
• Prior administrative experience
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher), Constant Contact and Social Media Platforms such as FaceBook, Instagram, YouTube channels.
• Graphic design experience. Proficiency with Canva, Photoshop, InDesign, or Illustrator.
• An optimistic, team player attitude with the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
• Basic knowledge of Judaism or willingness to learn about Jewish practices and customs preferred but not required.
This position has a salary range of $48K-$50K. Benefits include: paid time off, medical, dental and vision insurance.