Development, Outreach, and Social Media Associate
Job Summary: The Development, Outreach, and Social Media Associate will be responsible for supporting the director of Development and Outreach in all aspects of the Jewish Partisan Educational Foundation, including fundraising, marketing, outreach, education, and social media. The individual will be the second employee in a small office environment, often called upon to perform a wide variety of job duties.
Organization Description: Founded in 2000, the Jewish Partisan Educational Foundation (JPEF) is dedicated to bringing the stories of heroic resistance by the Jewish partisans to the world. Already, JPEF has empowered more than one million young people to stand up to antisemitism, discrimination, and oppression, using innovative educational materials that highlight the courage and perseverance of the Jewish partisans. As the only organization dedicated solely to teaching the Jewish partisan legacy, nearly every major Holocaust organizations in the world relies on JPEF to bring the empowering lessons of the partisans to their students. For more information, please go to www.jewishpartisans.org.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Fundraising and Marketing
* Record incoming donations and maintain the donor database.
* Prepare acknowledgement letters, appeals, and other correspondence with donors.
* Assist in organizing campaigns and events to solicit donations (i.e. agendas, minutes, maintaining schedules/calendars, travel
arrangements, correspondence, etc.).
* Evaluate and track the success of fundraising events and campaigns.
* Build digital fundraising campaigns using an online digital fundraising marketing platform.
* Provide all support related to fundraising events and Galas including outreach to build benefit committees, overseeing the preparation and
mailing of invitations, all event correspondence, event RSVP’s, online event registration sites, digital albums etc.
* Other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Outreach and Education
* Coordinate rentals, contracts, marketing, shipping, and maintenance for our “Pictures of Resistance” (POR) exhibit. POR is a photographic
display of black and white images taken by the only known Jewish partisan photographer during the Holocaust, that tours museums and v
venues throughout the world.
* Assist Director with communications and assessments of the quality of partnership relationships.
* Report analytics of the usage and frequency of JPEF’s educational materials.
* Assist with outreach for scheduling teacher training workshops, coordinating details, facilitators, and preparing workshop materials.
* Communicate with partisan family members to collect photographs, research, and write biographies for the Jewish Partisan Community
(JPC) website, a site for biographies and photographs of Jewish partisans. www.jewishpartisancommunity.org
* Maintain editorial consistency on JPC website and partisan biographies on main website.
* Assist with website grammatical corrections.
* Monitor Google Analytics and website traffic and prepare data for monthly reports.
* Enhance JPEF’s website SEO.
* Other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Social Media Management
* Market JPEF’s educational content through social media with the goal of increasing educator use of lesson plans, study guides and website materials.
* Maintain a social media schedule and publish consistent content to JPEF’s social media pages following organizational standards. This
includes Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
* Monitor comments, mentions, replies and feedback from the community of followers on social media. Respond on behalf of JPEF.
* Use the tools within Facebook’s Ad Manager to build fundraising and awareness campaigns.
* Report social media analytics on a quarterly basis.
* Experience coordinating events and overseeing details of planning and coordination.
* Excellent written and verbal skills – at ease talking to major donors and board members.
* Knowledge of standard office practices and methods, including filing.
* Knowledge of computer systems and applications such as Excel, FileMaker, PowerPoint, and Google Workspace.
* Experience working with the Classy digital fundraising or other fundraising platforms desired.
* Expert in correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, committee members, consultants, contractors, vendors, and
* Ability to communicate and present information clearly and concisely.
* Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities.
* Ability to identify problems and recommend solutions.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree Required, Knowledge of Holocaust History a plus.
Experience: Previous experience managing a social media program required. Prior fundraising support experience preferred.
Location: San Francisco, CA. Remote work placement available.