We are a warm, vibrant, welcoming and inclusive community with an outstanding Early Childhood Center in the Short Hills/Livingston area, dedicated to serving our students, families, and faculty. We are seeking dynamic and creative Preschool 3’s and Playschool 2’s Teaching Assistants. The ideal candidates will be warm, positive, professional, organized, possess excellent communication skills and have experience working in an educational setting.
• Work with young children in a spacious outdoor and indoor school setting to promote growth and development.
• Support Head Teacher in implementing age appropriate curriculum to nurture and stimulate all domains of a child’s development, differentiating among students.
• Enhance the learning environment by nurturing and encouraging students to take risks, explore new ideas, express creativity, socialize with others, and to build on their individual strengths.
• Maintain on-going communication with Head Teacher, demonstrating a team approach to help create a collaborative classroom environment.
• Work with Head Teacher to follow specific COVID 19 health and safety guidelines, including maintaining accurate and complete records, according to requirements of our school.
• Participate in on-going in-service and professional development opportunities
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
? Patience: a loving, patient approach must be taken with all children, including those who have diffi-culty expressing themselves or those who present with developmental delays or learning differ-ences.
? Communication Skills: Strong expressive language skills and a unique ability to communicate warmly and clearly with children. Must be computer literate and able to participate in virtual lessons and on-line meetings.
? Knowledge: Must be current and clear on developmentally appropriate practice and be eager to learn more about a variety of educational philosophies and ideas.
? Creativity: Must be adept at thinking of new and innovative ways to engage children to learn.
? Social Skills: Must always be empathetic to children’s emotions and maintain an overall positive and professional attitude. Must be supportive of colleagues and other members of the staff working at TBJ. Must maintain a team philosophy and be open to participating in a variety of special events and activities with both the ECC and synagogue community.