Position: Program Associate
Reports to: Chief Experience Officer
JCC Association seeks an enthusiastic and dynamic professional to serve as Program Associate on the Experience team. This full-time position provides administrative and organizational support to the Chief Experience Officer (CXO) and supports several key functions of the Experience unit.
The Experience Department is tasked with connecting Jewish Community Center (JCC) executive directors and other senior staff members with expertise and resources from within the JCC Movement and from external sources; facilitating virtual and in-person practice-sharing between and among JCCs; and assuring excellent customer service across the JCC Association.
Successful candidates are creative and critical thinkers; possess strong verbal and written skills; are highly organized, detail-oriented, hard-working and capable of tackling multiple projects at a time; and must enjoy “back-end” support work and the use of database and other digital technology. Candidates should work well independently but also thrive as a member of a team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. It is essential to have exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills and have the ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and integrity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide support related to the JCC Resource Center, the website for JCC professionals including formatting and uploading of resources; web page editing and site build-out; fielding requests for site assistance and managing login credentials.
• Provide support related to the JCC Association database of JCC professionals and lay leaders including data entry, reporting, and liaison work with JCCs.
• Provide support related to strategic performance initiatives including JCC Benchmarking and other surveys.
• Provide support to the CXO including calendar coordination; travel arrangements and trip itineraries; report, spreadsheet and PowerPoint creation and formatting; expense reports; research and analysis; and meeting coordination.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Strong interpersonal skills and a positive, “can-do” attitude
• Fluent in English with excellent oral and written communication skills
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize and meet deadlines
• Ability to think and act proactively
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with diverse teams
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Experience and facility with CRMs/databases, survey software and basic website design tools
• Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive information
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• College graduate
• Proven work experience of at least two years as an executive assistant, administrative assistant, or similar role; customer service experience is a plus
• Familiarity with nonprofits, the American Jewish community and/or national organizations is a plus
• This position is based in New York City with the expectation of regular work in the office. There is the possibility of occasional remote work.
• Sporadic domestic travel may be required.
• Unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without holding a visa or sponsorship is required.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
JCC Association offers a competitive salary and benefits package including:
• Medical, dental and vision insurance
• Eight paid legal holidays and up to 13 paid Jewish holidays. In addition, the office closes early on the eve of three Jewish holidays.
• Paid vacation
• Sick leave, family leave, medical leave, jury duty leave and bereavement leave
• Flexible benefit plan
• Pre-tax salary deductions for transit
• Short- and long-term disability
• Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, supplemental life insurance
• Retirement plan
ABOUT JCC ASSOCIATION
JCC Association of North America leads and connects the JCC Movement, advancing and enriching North American Jewish life. With 1.5 million people walking through the doors of JCCs (Jewish Community Centers and Jewish Community Camps) each week, the JCC Movement represents the largest platform of Jewish engagement on the continent. JCC Association is the convening organization of this dynamic network, partnering with JCCs to bring together the collective power and knowledge of the JCC Movement, with 12,000 full-time professionals at 172 JCCs across North America plus 41,000 part-time and seasonal professionals. By supporting them, together we enhance and strengthen Jewish life throughout North America.
JCC Association is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to treating people with compassion and respect. All qualified applications will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, disability, mental disorder, familial status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.