Met Council is America’s largest Jewish charity dedicated to serving the needy. Met Council’s ten different departments are staffed by experts who helped over 305,000 clients in 2020 and continuously advocate on behalf of all needy New Yorkers. Our holistic programs range from 100% affordable housing at 20 locations to our award-winning family violence program to comprehensive Holocaust survivor assistance to senior programming to crisis intervention to the largest free kosher food distribution program in the world. Our network of 101 food pantries, 20 affordable housing sites, and 15 JCCs provide services directly in neighborhoods across New York.
The primary purpose of the Accounts Payable Specialist is to help support the day-to-day Accounts Payable operations of both Housing and Met Council Fiscal Departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Day to day Accounts Payable accounting functions and data entry.
• Upload check registers to the bank for positive pay.
• Daily interaction and research with vendors.
• Code and process invoices.
• Produce expense analysis and other additional analysis as requested.
• Assist with Month and Year-end closing.
• Provide audit support.
• Ad hoc projects.
• Adaptability and Flexibility
• Computer Skills
• Analysis and Reasoning
• Team Work
• Mathematical Thinking
Success Criteria and Measurements:
• Growth potential is available within the Fiscal Department
Skill and Education Required:
• Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting is preferred.
• Minimum 2 years of Accounting experience.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel (including pivot tables).
• Ability to analyze data.
• Must have a thorough knowledge of Accounts Payable.
• MIP, Timberline, and One-Site experience is a plus.
• Strong written and oral communication skills (English).3
Required Constantly: Walking, sitting, grasping, bending, stooping, squatting, computer input, finger dexterity and coordination of hand, eye and foot.
Required Frequently: Standing and climbing stairs; carrying laptop & files (approx. 8-10 lbs).
Required Occasionally: Reaching above the shoulder, and lifting 5-25 pounds, pushing and pulling