United Hatzalah is the largest independent fully-volunteer national emergency medical services (EMS) organization in Israel, saving lives 24/7. Our 6,000 volunteer medics, nurses and doctors hail from every sector of Israeli society and respond to over 1,800 calls daily throughout Israel, arriving on scene within minutes. We serve all citizens of Israel, regardless of race, color or creed, and all services are free of charge.
Friends of United Hatzalah, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization which supports the work of United Hatzalah of Israel, is currently seeking a Development Associate.
This full-time position based in New York will be responsible for oversight of the donations processing functions, responsible for the intake and processing of all U.S. donations and ensuring that these are maintained in an accurate, timely and efficient manner. This will include creating and maintaining accurate donor records in the CRM software, maintaining data integrity across CRM and other databases, and collaborating with staff across the fundraising, finance, and operations teams.
As a key member of the organization’s U.S. team, the Development Associate will make a positive contribution to the organization’s mission, contributing directly to donor relations and supporting and cultivating an exceptional donor experience. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated and process-driven team player with strong analytical critical thinking skills who will exercise a high level of accountability and attention to detail and be flexible regarding evolving responsibilities and expectations as our operations grow and evolve. The position reports to the Director of Finance.
Principal duties and responsibilities include:
Donations Database Management
• Monitor and assign tasks within Donations Processing to ensure cohesive activities across the department, coordinating the work of 1-2 Development Associates and other temporary personnel supporting Donations Processing
• Retrieve donation information from multiple donation platforms, including data imports and exports, to accurately record donations and donor records
• Maintain donor records in Salesforce and other systems with high level of accuracy, including quality control of all donor and donation records
• Recommend and implement improvements to donations processing systems and procedures to improve efficiency and accommodate a growing donor base
Direct Marketing Campaign Administration
Coordinate project management on direct mail and telemarketing fundraising campaigns, including:
• overseeing related donations processing systems and developing reconciliations across systems
• working with vendors and support staff on campaign data analytics and managing and improving the efficiency of DM/TM processing and reporting
• partnering with Development personnel to enhance and grow revenue from DM/TM programs
• Oversee donor acknowledgment, preparing and generating thank you letters, certificates of acknowledgement, and charitable receipts to donors
• Communicate with donors and fundraisers to support donation queries and issues
• Coordinate with other departments across the international organization on donation reporting and tracking, including tagging of donated products
• Support overall fundraising objectives by creating reports and providing data analytics as required
• Support the Finance Department as a cornerstone for revenue reporting, assisting with reconciliation of donation receipts for revenue tracking
• Provide training and assistance as needed to ensure understanding of the organization’s database/coding structure and to ensure adherence to procedures
• Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 3-5 years’ experience managing payment processing, donations processing, data entry, or similar work
• Strong computer capabilities, including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word and mail merges
• Familiarity with Salesforce or similar CRM
• Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and meticulousness in recording information
• Excellent verbal and written and interpersonal skills
• Strong critical thinking skills, ability to innovate and creatively problem-solve
• Ability to take initiative, prioritize, and multi-task in a deadline-sensitive environment
• Experience within a non-profit environment preferred
• U.S. work authorization
Salary is commensurate with background and experience. Friends of United Hatzalah is an equal opportunity employer.