Job Title: Executive Assistant to the Senior Rabbi
Reports To: Senior Rabbi
Temple Israel of the City of New is a leading Reform Jewish congregation in the heart of the Upper East Side. Temple Israel fosters an appreciation for the warmth of tradition, passion for Israel, and connection to world Jewry. Over the years we have enriched and embellished this kehillah kedosha where we have transformed our community into a “family of families”.
We are seeking a new Executive Assistant to work with the Senior Rabbi. The EA is a right hand to the Senior Rabbi and support to the Senior Cantor. You are a dynamic, enthusiastic, and outgoing person who is organized, has a pleasant and professional manner in person, and on the telephone, and has outstanding interpersonal skills. You are willing to jump in wherever needed, you are a team player, you are adaptable, and flexible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Directly assist the Senior Rabbi in all administrative tasks including answering the phone, managing calendars and schedules, coordinating travel, maintaining files, assisting with event coordination and logistics, and communication.
• Ensures the effectiveness of all aspects of the Senior Rabbi’s interactions and communications with constituent groups, leadership, staff, professional colleagues and community representatives
• Assists the Senior Rabbi in all clergy/administrative needs
• Assists the Senior Rabbi in all program support related tasks
• Provides relief as scheduled and requested for reception
• Provides ongoing follow-up and updates through ultimate resolution
Support to the Senior Cantor
Assists the Senior Cantor in clergy/administrative facets related to B’nai Mitzvah and Life Cycle events, scheduling, workshops, certificate & gift prep
Assists the Senior Cantor in all program support related tasks
Serves as part of staff rotation for occasional weekend/evening event supervision
Must be able to work over the High Holy Days and immediately prior and after
Creates weekly service announcements
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Ability to problem solve
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Social Media
• Knowledge of CRM systems preferred
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Works well under pressure in a busy environment
• Can prioritize work assignments for him/herself and for others
• Knowledge of Jewish customs preferred
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• At least 5 years of administrative experience or its equivalent
• Must have superior communications skills both written and verbal