As a progressive reform community, our mission is to embrace and deepen Jewish identity through Torah, justice and community. Together we are committed to bringing goodness into the world. We are a congregation that is deeply committed to supporting our community, at home and abroad. We partner with several organizations in accomplishing creative projects that bring light to Temple Akiba, Culver City and beyond. From the Annual Mitzvah Day to Shoes for the Homeless and Jewish World Watch events, Temple Akiba does not stand idly by. Rather, Temple Akiba educates and activates its community to rise up and take responsibility for helping to care for others in need.
We are looking for a dynamic creative professional to join our professional team to help build our community and create programs and initiates to enhance the experience of our members.
The Temple Akiba Program Director is responsible for the creation, management and operation of programs for the Temple Akiba community. The Program Director will work closely with, and report directly to the Executive Director, while also working with key Board members and committees on implementing our Benchmark program initiatives. In addition, the Program Director will lend strategic direction and support to all Membership and Fundraising events. The Program Director will work collaboratively with clergy and other Temple staff leadership on developing programs and services to help Temple Akiba become a destination and gathering place for our current members and future members.
Essential Position Responsibilities
• Work with the Executive Director and appropriate Board members and committees to help develop and implement strategies and programs for our three Benchmark initiatives: Build Community among school aged families; Retain post B’nai Mitzvah teens and their families; and Continue to create community for our 55+ members
• Be the key Temple Akiba Staff person to work with the appropriate Board Member and Committee on large Temple Akiba programs and events such as Purim Carnival and Mitzvah Day
• Lend support to all membership and fundraising events including engagement opportunities at Jewish Holidays and other special events
• Develop and implement programs and services that will help make Temple Akiba a destination and gathering place. These programs could include holiday celebrations, outdoor activities, social, educational and recreational events.
• Be a member of the Shabbat and B’nai Mitzvah staff host team
• Oversee event coordination, logistics, publicity, and follow-up
• Be part of the Temple Akiba team that works to create a Marketing and Communications plan to promote and recruit participants for all programs, events and services
• Work with Temple administration to create and update all program forms, flyers, and brochures,
• Evaluate programs to ensure they meet congregant needs and Temple mission
• Attend all meetings, trainings, conferences, and events as assigned
• Maintain the highest quality of courtesy, friendliness and service toward members, visitors and other staff
• Understand and support Temple Akiba’s mission, vision, and values
• Work effectively with all staff members
• Additional responsibilities may be assigned