Ideal Candidate: The Director of Cultural Arts and Adult Programs will be a creative, high-energy individual with experience developing cultural and educational programming and working in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. Main responsibilities include planning and implementing programs, events, lectures, and adult educational classes. Fundraising and budgeting experience preferred. A background in marketing is a plus. Understanding of working with lay leadership and Jewish not-for-profit structure is helpful.
Job Summary: The Director of Cultural Arts and Adult Programs is responsible for fulfilling the programming mission, to be the center of Jewish arts and culture on Miami Beach. Through the curation, development, and implementation of programming which includes film, literary/author events, music, special events and performances, lectures, and art. The Director is also responsible for developing and staffing the JCC-U Adult lifelong-learning programs including classes, lectures, and excursions The Director of Cultural Arts and Adult programs will work closely with community partners, committee of lay leaders and volunteers, and will supervise part-time program staff and volunteers. This position requires independent judgment, initiative, relationship building skills and strong administrative skills. The Director of Cultural Arts and Adult Programs must be creative and entrepreneurial in developing new initiatives and partnerships, as well as enhancing upon those currently offered in the community to build and maintain a comparable program.
Responsibilities: Include, but are not limited to:
• Direct cultural arts and educational programs, developing and managing the scope of events, classes, lectures, and art gallery space(s)
• Cultivate lay leadership and work with committee volunteers to develop programming and grow participation
• Develop programming partnerships and coordinate with contracted programs and service providers for the efficient and effective delivery of programs and services
• Create annual program budgets and manage spending on a regular basis.
• Implement a marketing plan to generate program participation and event ticket sales
• Work with Marketing Director to develop all marketing materials for cultural arts and adult programs
• Support Development Director in securing program Sponsorships and Patron of the Arts fundraising efforts
• Supervise part-time staff and recruit and manage part-time program instructors
• All other responsibilities that are deemed necessary
• B.A./B.S. Degree in related field required
• Supervisory, program, and administrative skills
• Organized and detail-orientated in the ability to develop, plan, organize and implement programs and services
• Demonstrated skills in oral and written communication and presentation
• Strong customer focus and ability to engage multiple audiences
• Computer competency
• Willingness and ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
• Understanding of and commitment to Jewish culture, tradition and community
• Passion for the arts
• Full time with Benefits