JCC Chicago seeks a Major Gifts Officer at a time of great change and significant opportunity in support of nonprofit organizations providing essential services in the community. The Major Gifts Officer serves as a key member of the team and will be responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding individuals/families philanthropic support in support of JCC Chicago’s mission and objectives. Reporting to the Chief Advancement Officer, the Major Gifts Officer is responsible for building and managing a portfolio of donors/families for the purpose of deepening engagement among existing major donors, increasing giving among donors, identifying, cultivating and soliciting qualified prospects, ultimately increasing the number of major donors and growing annual revenue for JCC Chicago.
A particular focus of this role will be the engagement and cultivation of alumni connected to JCC Chicago core programming, specifically JCC Camp Chi, which is celebrating its 100th birthday in 2021, as well as Apachi Day Camps and Early Childhood.
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in Business, Fundraising or Non-Profit Management or CFRE designation preferred.
• A minimum of five years’ experience in fundraising or a related field with experience acquiring donations of five-figures or more.
• Proficient in constituent management and fundraising software. Salesforce preferred.
• Previous experience working within the Jewish community preferred.
• Previous success making cold calls and securing face-to-face meetings with donor prospects.
• Use of excellent verbal and written communication skills. High degree of emotional intelligence and success managing multiple competing priorities.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about the essential role of the camping and community-building programs that serve as key Jewish experiences in participants’ lives. In addition to being self-motivated, organized and results-oriented, the ideal candidate is someone who enjoys building relationships with others, both inside and outside the organization. The ideal candidate has an eagerness to learn and is an active listener who can help connect donors’ interests with JCC Chicago’s strategic priorities.