Imagine walking into a room full of passionate, interesting, and dynamic Israel supporters. You’re all there to strengthen the land and people of Israel, supporting the development of Israel’s frontiers. Join Jewish National Fund-USA’s professional team, and become part of the most dynamic, forward thinking, energetic, and impactful organization for Israel. The number one rule in fundraising is people give to people. To continue JNF-USA’s trajectory as the leading philanthropic organization supporting Israel, we need YOU to join our team.
Jewish National Fund - USA seeks to recruit a Director for fundraising activities in New England. You’ll have a portfolio of donors and prospects, and will be expected to increase the number of donors and dollars to JNF’s campaign at all gift levels. You’ll share the story of JNF – USA’s work across Israel’s frontier, ultimately strengthening the connection between your region and Israel.
This position reports to the Executive Director, New England and the Capital District.
• Build meaningful relationships with passionate, interesting, and philanthropic individuals and families who care about Israel, at least 5 meetings per week
• Inspire donors to support our work simply by sharing your passion and love for Israel and the Jewish people and our groundbreaking work in Israel
• Work with our forward-thinking team to develop an 18-24-month plan to grow the campaigns, and expand JNF – USA’s footprint in the region
• Build niche communities of donors through working with creative volunteers. Portfolio may include managing committees and affinity groups such as: the Women for Israel campaign, Lawyers for Israel, Doctors for Israel and more.
• Ensure Israel’s future and Inspire donors to create a legacy through our planned giving program and corporate sponsorships
• Work closely with key movers and shakers in the community, develop a leadership cohort and empower them to help you grow the campaign
• Engagement of the community with JNF - USA, including recruitment for missions, National Conference, and local and national events
• Lead and manage fundraising events in the region, which may include dinners, parlor meetings, virtual meetings with affiliates in Israel, and more
• Travel within the US and internationally, which may include Missions to Israel, Jewish National Fund National Conference, and Staff Conference
• Any other duties that your Supervisor may assign to you
• A seasoned fundraiser or salesperson with 7+ years of experience
• A masterful storyteller, who can make work happening overseas come alive in a way that inspires donors and prospects alike
• An exceptional communicator with excellent written and oral skills
• A creative self-starter who thrives in working both independently and as a member of the larger team
• A natural collaborator who enjoys working with people all around the country and Israel
• Familiar with the New England Jewish community and surrounding areas
• Able to work nights and weekends as needed (depending on scheduled JNF – USA events and donor meetings), and able to travel to other regions and Israel
• Computer savvy (familiarity with Microsoft Office and Salesforce a plus)
• An inclusive, supportive, and collaborative work culture where we work as a team, support each other and nurture creative minds
• Professionals who work hand-in-hand with an active and engaged lay leadership that supports and guides our professional team and our organization’s direction
• An incredible mission-backed organization, supported by hundreds of thousands of partners, our donors, who support the land and people of Israel and Jewish people everywhere
• One of the world’s oldest environmentally focused philanthropic organizations
• Leading a bold One Billion Dollar Road Map for the Next Decade that’s creating infrastructure, environmental, and economic opportunities to attract 500,000 people to Israel’s Negev Desert and 300,000 people to the Galilee
• Competitive salary
• Days off for select Jewish holidays (in addition to the secular US holiday calendar) along with 3pm closing on Fridays
• Opportunities to visit Israel
• Top-notch Healthcare plus Dental and Vision, employer-paid Life Insurance, and Short and Long-term Disability
• 403(b) with industry-leading employer contributions of 10.5% of your annual salary
About Jewish National Fund-USA:
Unparalleled in the Jewish philanthropic world, Jewish National Fund-USA’s strategic vision has been and always will be, to ensure a strong, secure, and prosperous future for the land and people of Israel. Everything we do -- every project, initiative, and campaign we take on – is integral to our vision of building and connecting to our land. We plant trees, build houses and parks, source water solutions, buy fire trucks, and improve the lives of people with special needs. We boost tourism, support Aliyah, promote Zionist education and engagement, build medical centers and trauma centers, fund agricultural and culinary research, and run an American semester abroad high school in Israel. We do all these things because each project, each program, each partnership, is consistent with our strategic vision – population growth in the north and south, connecting the next generation to Israel, infrastructure development, ecology, forestation, heritage preservation, and more -- all for the land and people of Israel.