Position Title: Science Teacher – Middle School
FLSA Classification: Full time, exempt position
Term of Position: February 2022
Reports To: Director of Middle School
Position Purpose: The position would be teaching 7th and 8th grade and advising 7th grade.
The Brandeis School of San Francisco has reimagined what is possible in an inclusive, future-focused Jewish day school, becoming an acknowledged leader in asserting the role of spirituality and ethics in education for the whole child. We welcome applicants who seek a school environment that fosters challenging academics, student-centered learning, ethics and spirituality, and innovation.
The Brandeis School of San Francisco seeks an outstanding middle school science teacher for our students. This position is scheduled to begin in February of 2022, as a maternity leave substitute, and continue on through the end of the 2021–2022 school year.
The science substitute teacher will also have the opportunity to apply for a full-time position teaching middle school science. The full-time teaching position will begin mid-August 2022.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Planning and teaching a challenging course of study in a developmentally-appropriate manner, with an emphasis on differentiating instruction and using assessments effectively
• Following, developing, and enhancing existing STEM curriculum, and engaging students in multiple modes of class activities including in-depth investigation, innovative projects, and inquiry-based instruction
• Creating an inclusive classroom environment through regular class meetings, supportive exchanges with students, and clear expectations for community behavior, and using the Responsive Classroom approach
• Collaborating with other middle school teachers, educators, and specialists to develop curriculum, plan trips and special projects, and solve problems
• Working and communicating effectively with parents in formal and informal conferences, written reports, and newsletters
• Serving as an advisor in the middle school advisory program
• Planning and staffing student educational trips (including overnight stay)
• Supporting and following the school policies and procedures
• Being a positive and contributing member of the professional community
• B.A. degree and teaching credential
• Middle school science and math teaching experience preferable (3 years documented)
• Regularly sit, talk, run, move equipment, hear, and visually interact with students
• Be able to occasionally lift up to 25 lbs
• Regularly use close and distance vision
• Work at a desk and computer screen
• Turn, bend, reach, and occasionally use a ladder
• Work in a traditional, climate-controlled office environment and outside in both hot and cold climates
The school offers competitive compensation based on prior experience, education, and position requirements. Medical, dental, life, long-term disability, and retirement benefits are provided. More information about the school can be found on our website at http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx The Brandeis School of San Francisco is an equal opportunity employer. Our mission is to inspire students to lead lives of learning and purpose. Brandeis provides a challenging academic environment and a welcoming, inclusive community, each deeply enriched by Jewish thought, values and traditions.
Instructions for applying:
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter, including details of your experience relevant to********************