Full Time Administrative Assistant: Monday-Friday
The Selfhelp Home is a not-for-profit organization celebrating over 70 years of caring for seniors.
Selfhelp ranks at the top nationwide with CMS and is accredited by The Joint Commission for Post-Acute and Skilled Nursing Care and the first in the nation to achieve Assisted Living Accreditation.
As a member of our team, you play a vital role in achieving our mission — to provide older adults the highest quality of care.
From its inception, Selfhelp has followed its guiding principles: to create a community that stands out from the rest by caring for its residents in clean, comfortable surroundings; to provide good food; to offer kind and compassionate care. These same principles are still paramount today.
Regardless of the job — from our dietary staff to our nurses, we look for only the most qualified individuals to join our family. Finding the right staff that provides the highest quality of care and compassion for our residents is our highest priority.
Selfhelp Home considers the health and safety of its residents, family members, and team members as its highest priorities. All offers of employment with Selfhelp are conditioned on completing and passing a background and drug test, participating in mandatory vaccine programs (e.g., Covid-19, Flu), participating in testing requirements (e.g. Covid-19, TB) and using designated PPE when required.
The Selfhelp Home in search of an experienced, friendly and reliable task-oriented Administrative Assistant to join our team.
The position will report to the Executive Director and be responsible for performing a number of administrative duties as well as interfacing with residents and families. The ideal candidate is well organized, friendly, highly self-motivated, has advanced mirosoft office skills and experience, can work with varoius software programs and learn technology quickly, professional, detail oriented, flexible and capable of managing their work load and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• 3+ years proven experience as an administrative assistant, senior executive assistant other
secretarial position in a capacity of reporting to higher level positions.
• Advanced Microsoft Office and Adobe skills a must.
• Exemplary planning and time management skills.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload.
• High level verbal and written communications skills.
• Easily adaptable with company specific programs and software and can learn new programs quickly.
• Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills.
• Friendly and professional demeanor with compassion for seniors.
• Healthcare industry work background a plus.
• Coordinates communications, including taking calls, scheduling meetings responding to emails and interfacing with residents and families and vendors.
• Prepares reports for Executive Director.
• Creates notices and memos for residents and staff.
• Schedules meetings, and medical appointments for residents, routes correspondence.
• Maintains meeting rooms and guest apartments.
• Oversees visiting and bus schedules for residents.
• Responsible for maintaining data on residents utilizing database systems and filing.
• Act as the point of contact between the Executive Director and internal/external clients.
• Provides administrative support to the home and managers.
• Handles requests from families and residents and queries appropriately.
• Maintains staff phone lists and intercom lists.
• Supports the lobby front desk as needed.
Other duties as assigned.