Passion. Purpose. Impact. CJP is at the heart of Greater Boston's Jewish community, but our reach is felt around the world. We bring together the resources, volunteers, leadership, and expertise to care for people in need, advocate for Israel, and ensure a vibrant Jewish future. Together, we're helping struggling families find financial stability, making Jewish learning relevant and inclusive, connecting the next generation to Jewish life, and so much more. Our greatest resource is our people — the staff, volunteers, partners and leaders who help make Greater Boston’s Jewish community a welcoming home. It’s this energy and commitment that drive CJP’s mission. We are one of Boston's oldest and most respected philanthropic organizations and we are currently seeking a Project Associate, Research and Evaluation.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Project Associate, Research and Evaluation performs independent project tasks, as well as directed administrative duties and general support for the Research, Evaluation, and Measurement team. Specifically in this role, the Project Associate will be responsible for supporting, coordinating, and implementing various evaluation projects and activities for internal and external audiences. The Project Associate will also be responsible for supporting the administration and execution of the grant-reporting process. The position requires a high level of professionalism and confidentiality in interactions with staff, outside agencies and volunteer leadership.
• In partnership with other members of the Research, Evaluation, and Measurement team, coordinate all aspects of the reporting process for CJP grantees. This includes ensuring compliance with grant requirements and deliverables, and tracking and sharing all pieces of the process with relevant stakeholders.
• Support evaluation and measurement projects that result in actionable tools for stakeholders.
• Conduct literature reviews and assist with questionnaire and survey development
• Develop and implement high-quality training and self-service tools on research and evaluation projects for internal and external audiences.
• In keeping with the assigned time for each project:
o Responds promptly to the lay leaders involved in all forms of communication and for tracking interactions accordingly.
o Designs PowerPoint presentations and materials.
o Provides administrative support for project research.
o Maintains spreadsheets and conduct data review with a high degree of accuracy.
o Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
• Provides administrative support to the Senior Director, Research and Evaluation. This support will include scheduling and meeting assistance, coordination across other teams and departments, data collection/analysis, external reporting, event assistance, and coordination of invoices.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• 1-3 years of research or administrative assistant experience or equivalent, with experience performing independent projects
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Familiarity working with database systems
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Effective interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills
• Aptitude for detail and commitment to accuracy and follow through
• Ability to author, accurately edit, and proofread documents and correspondence
• Ability to work on independent projects, manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
• Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment and to respond resourcefully under varying conditions
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods, much of which will be working at a computer.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds.
CJP offers that rare opportunity to tap your skills, talents, and experience to benefit a greater good while you grow professionally. You will work in a dynamic environment, with a diverse group of individuals who share your commitment and enthusiasm. Together, you will make a difference for Jews and non-Jews in Greater Boston and worldwide. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits and a collegial, family-friendly work and team environment.
For more information about CJP, go to www.cjp.org.
Please use this link to apply:
CJP conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
CJP is an equal opportunity employer. People with disabilities, women, veterans, black, indigenous and people of color, and LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.