POSITION SUMMARY: The Office Manager reports to the Executive Director and provides administrative and clerical support for a small staff and volunteer leadership. Strong organizational and communication skills, light bookkeeping, social media, and computer proficiency are required. This position may include weekend and evening hours, but weekdays are primarily from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm, which half days on Fridays. B'nai Havurah will gladly consider flex-time and some remote work hours.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Cooperatively works with the congregation staff and volunteers on a wide variety of projects.
• Answers and directs incoming phone calls and greets visitors.
• Maintains, updates, and tracks all constituent data entered in our data software program, ShulCloud (e. g., membership renewal, tenant contracts, religious school registration).
• . Assists in the scheduling, logistics, and material preparation for meetings, events, and classes.
• Prepares and sends letters and notifications of meetings.
• Maintains and orders supplies and equipment for the facility, as needed.
• Maintains and updates our organizational calendar.
• Prepares tenant contracts and schedules facility use with outside groups
• Serves as point of contact for vendors and service providers.
• Maintains and updates filing systems.
• Supports website maintenance and updates as needed and assists with social media and marketing according to need and schedule.
• Oversees and initiates mailings, including invitations, flyers, school mailings, dues statements, thank you letters, and more.
• Comfortable in a leadership role in the production of our annual report and other publications.
• Oversees, enters, and tracks all payments and donations to B'nai Havurah
• Prepares and submits bank deposits.
• Regularly pulls financial reports for Executive Director and Finance.
• Works with the Executive Director and Bookkeeper on accounts payable and receivable while maintaining accurate records.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Three or more years of office administrative experience.
• Proficient on the computer and comfortable using a variety of software programs.
• QuickBooks experience is helpful.
• Strong written and spoken communication skills.
• Some bookkeeping experience or comfort with basic mathematics.
• Flexible and able to maintain positive and productive working relationships with others.
• Willingness to perform other tasks, responsibilities, and special projects as assigned.
• Attention to detail and ability to multi-task, prioritize, organize and problem-solve.
Salary: $18 - $24 / hour with benefits and opportunity for some remote work and flexible schedule.
Application Instructions and Deadline:
Cover letter and resume by email to:
Becky Epstein********************ns, please call Becky at 303-388-4441 ext. 15.
About B'nai Havurah: B'nai Havurah is a synagogue affiliated with Reconstructing Judaism, a movement committed to renewing American Jewish life. The movement defines Judaism as an evolving religious civilization encompassing history, literature, art, music, land, and language. Our community finds community and meaning through study, worship and joyous practice, social justice, acts of kindness, and connection with the Jewish people. B'nai Havurah was founded 60 years ago by young Jews from observant backgrounds who wanted to revitalize Judaism for a modern Western world. B'nai Havurah was the first in Denver to have women read from the Torah, the first to have instrumental music at their services, and the first to reconstruct their prayers to be non-gendered and non-patriarchal. B'nai Havurah is an inclusive, caring, thinking community based on social action, rich cultural heritage, and joyous practice. To learn more, please visit http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx