See job posting for starting salary range in British Pounds.
Who We Are:
Moishe (pronounced moy-shuh) House is what being Jewish in your 20s is all about. Launched in 2006 when four friends began hosting Shabbat dinners in their home, Moishe House provides a space for over 70,000 young adults around the world to create meaningful, welcoming Jewish communities for themselves and their peers each year. To date, there are more than 100 communities in over 25 countries, and we’re still growing.
Moishe House is seeking an International Grants Manager in our London Hub office to write and edit grant proposals and reports, prepare budgets, and research grant opportunities. This position reports to the Director of Development Operations, based in our Charlotte, NC Hub office, and works closely with the International Director of Advancement, located in London.
All voices are needed at Moishe House. We want our team to reflect the diversity of Moishe House community builders and participants. We seek employees from diverse backgrounds and life experiences to join our staff team located in the United States, South America, Europe, and the Former Soviet Union. The Moishe House team works together through deep collaboration, investing in relationships, and continuous innovation.
Who You Are and What You’ll Do:
* You believe in our mission and bring creativity, innovation, and hard work to our team.
* You have a passion for serving others, place high value in being part of a strong team, and want to be part of a dynamic, inspirational organization.
* You exemplify our Moishe Mindset to those you work with and meet throughout your journey at Moishe House.
You’ll play a key role in our grant-writing process, including:
* Leading 8-10 grant submissions per month, including narratives and financial reports/budgets, focusing on all grant opportunities outside of North America (75%)
* Drafting and reviewing various submissions globally as part of the grants team that completes 400+ grant submissions per year (10%)
* Researching opportunities for new grant submissions, focusing on opportunities outside of North America (10%)
* Working with the Development Operations team to monitor UK income goals and track various grant opportunities, submissions, and proposals in Salesforce (MH’s internal CRM database) (5%)
We’re Looking for Someone Who Has:
* A Bachelor’s Degree; additional relevant full-time work experience may be substituted for the degree.
* Minimum 3 years’ relevant full-time professional experience, preferably in the nonprofit sector, including experience with grant writing and researching, tracking metrics, and working in donor databases.
* Experience in creating high quality and grammatically correct written materials, such as grants, presentations, manuals, or papers, with demonstrated exceptional persuasive writing skills.
* Strong critical reasoning skills, and ability to incorporate data-driven arguments into written work product.
* Familiarity and comfort with creating budgets and financial reports, including direct user experience with budgets and financial reports.
* Demonstrated strong attention to detail.
* Proven high-level proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and other office management tools. Experience with Salesforce or other donor database preferred.
* Ability to multitask and monitor several projects at all times, to work well under pressure, and to manage time effectively.
* Effective demonstration of the Moishe Mindset: Be the Difference, Connect & Listen, Invest Wisely, Embrace the Unknown, Own It!, Value People, and Work Well, Live Well, and Have Fun!
* Direct Moishe House experience (as staff, resident, host and/or community member) preferred.
* Post-Brexit Eligibility to work in the United Kingdom without employer sponsorship.
Applicants apply directly to Employer.
How to Apply:
Please email cover letter, resume, AND 250-word writing sample to: [email protected] Please write “Grants Manager” with your first and last name in the subject line.