Mission and Scope of the position: Incredible opportunity for a highly self-motivated, creative, passionate individual who wants to be a part of something BIG! This candidate will have the opportunity to impact the face and the future of children and adults at the world class Israel Sport Center for the Disabled (ISCD also referred to as the Center below). Participants from young to old who are physically challenged as a result of birth defects, acts of terrorism, and accidents receive transformational therapies and programming through all forms of sport and recreational activities at the ISCD. The Center has a 60-year record of proven success in helping these young athletes become integral and successful members of life and society through new-found abilities gained through sports at the ISCD. Many compete in the Paralympics and return to Israel with medals of distinction. The ISCD is about living full and meaningful lives every step of the way.
Responsibilities of the position:
Manage, develop, and coordinate the fundraising strategies for California, primarily focusing and based in Los Angeles. The fundraising plan and program will include:
• Prospecting and soliciting major gifts
• Upgrading current giving levels of Center friends and supporters
• Attracting new Center friends at all giving levels
• Working with lay leaders in Los Angeles and other communities to develop a Corporate, Foundation (public/family), and individual solicitation plan
• Developing special events in key cities to further expand the 'brand' of the AFISCD, gaining new supporters and friends
• Designing and implementing a planned giving program
• Utilizing all forms of social media to attract new Center donors and friends across all demographics, appealing to those inside and outside the Jewish community who share a passion and commitment to the goal of rehabilitation through sports.
-Actively collaborating with the dynamic team of professionals on National events and Israel activities
• Some travel required
• Excellent speaking and writing skills
• Knowledge of SalesForce a plus and willingness to learn SalesForce is required
• Skilled at Microsoft Office and computer savvy
Minimum of 5 years with a proven track record in development at a not-for-profit organization is imperative. Experience and success with individual solicitations at high giving levels as well as event planning (special events, dinners, etc.) is preferred. Strong fundraising is a must.
The successful candidate will work with the National office to help develop a fundraising plan that ensures the Center's needs and goals are met and, ideally, exceeded through creative, dedicated national fundraising activities, programs and projects. He/she will communicate regularly with Center friends and supporters, educating and maintaining their interest which will motivate and involve them in all activities and programs. The successful candidate shares a passion for ISCD and its mission and has strong communication skills, both written and verbal to raise awareness and support for ISCD. The successful candidate will possess a high degree of self-discipline, ingenuity, integrity, commitment both personal and professional to help take the American Friends of the Israel Sports Center for the Disabled to the next level of national recognition and donor commitment.