A rare opportunity as a long established and well beloved preschool, licensed for 49 children, is seeking an experienced Preschool Director as our current Director transitions to retirement. Temple Beth Sholom is an historic synagogue with a forward thinking membership that is unaffiliated to allow for innovative programming alongside tradition to serve our diverse community.
An advocate for play based, and inquiry based early childhood education.
Familiar with Jewish customs and practices
Experienced in hiring and mentoring teaching staff
Prioritizes social-emotional learning
Comfortable managing a staff of 10
Aware of and supportive of best practices around diversity and inclusion
Collaborative with other director level staff
A partner to parents in supporting and communicating issues around the development of preschool aged children
Safety and security conscious
An excellent and positive communicator, as one of the public faces of our synagogue
Up to date on required policies and procedures for COVID safety
A team player with a sense of humor
Experience with budgets and admissions
Pluses: familiarity with Brightwheel and shulcloud,
Responsibilities & Duties:
repetitive use of hands and fingers (e.g. computer keyboards, filing etc)
standing, sitting, or walking for periods of time
normal range of hearing and vision to perform work and communicate
stooping or kneeling (e.g. to access lower shelves, attend to children, pick items up off the floor)
lifting and carrying light loads up to 40 lbs, reaching above shelves
1. Work with the ED to develop and maintain a financial plan as approved by the Board of Directors that ensures resources necessary to meet operating costs for the care and supervision of children.
2. Work with ED and any appropriate board members to establish student handbooks and enrollment policies.
5. Stay abreast of changes in early-childhood pedagogical methods.
6. Regularly Communicate with preschool parents regarding their questions, concerns, and comments, and respond accordingly. Report all material parent concerns regarding preschool safety or security to the Board of Directors as soon as possible but in no more than 24 hours.
7. Knowledge of and responsibility for compliance with applicable laws and regulations regarding a Preschool Center, including but not limited to safety requirements. Inform the Board of Directors of any modifications needed to comply with safety requirements.
8. Enhance and maintain the preschool’s policies and program.
9. Responsible for ensuring age-appropriate curriculum is being taught in all classrooms.
10. Provides ongoing training and support to all preschool staff by conducting quarterly training and providing feedback through regular classroom observations.
11. Responsible for ensuring personal and professional leadership growth through monthly meetings with the Board of Directors and implementing any new techniques.
12. Develops and maintains positive relationships with the preschool staff and is available to assist in conflict resolution.
13. Responsible for coordinating with the Board of Directors recruiting, employing, training, terminating, directing and evaluating staff.
14. Promote synagogue activities.
15. leadership development, and professional development of preschool staff
15. Perform other duties as director by the Board of Directors.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability, to the extent required by law.