At Congregation B'nai Tikvah the goal of our religious school is to spark a lifelong thirst for learning, foster tikkun olam in our students, and build strong connections to our shared traditions and Israel. Our program is designed to engage students with Judaism and develop in each one a sense of ownership over values and meaning.
We believe that a strong Jewish identity is discovered by celebrating holidays together, feeling a sense of belonging, understanding the gift of our shared history and Torah, and through bringing our Jewish values to life in a constant desire to be a community that makes the world a better place.
While at the end of our program our children are prepared for their B'nai Mitzvah, the focus of our program is to set our students on a path of lifelong exploration of Judaism.
We are looking for a Director of Education to join our leadership team and lead the school for continued success.
Congregation B'nai Tikvah's Director of Education will administer, direct and supervise all the educational programs for K through 7th grade, as well as our preschool programs, K'tan tan and Gan Gani, family education programs, grade level shabbatot and the madrichim (teen) programs.
The Director of Education reports to both the Rabbi and Executive Director of the congregation, and will have the support of the Education Committee and Congregational Board in a variety of areas such as budget, personnel and curriculum implementation.
The Director of Education will:
* Cultivate and maintain a warm relationship with students and families.
* Create a positive Jewish experience for all students and families in collaboration with the teachers.
* Maintain operations of the religious school:
* Recruit, interview and hire staff as needed.
* Supervise faculty and maintain close communication with entire staff and parent volunteers.
* Administer and lead madrichim program for teens.
* Develop, prepare and track annual Religious school budget in conjunction with the Executive Director and Finance Committee.
* Register and maintain students in the Religious School database and emergency binder.
* Plan a reopening of the school in accordance with community needs and COVID restrictions.
* Lead weekly Sunday morning Tfilah
* Have a good working knowledge of both Jewish traditions and prayer book Hebrew.
* Foster professional development for teachers.
* Provide guidance to all teachers on all aspects of teaching and classroom experience.
* Work with B'nai mitzvah tutor to ensure readiness.
* Lead High Holiday junior congregation services.
* Communicate with and engage families as partners in the education process. For example: grade level shabbat dinners, holiday celebrations, field trips, etc.
* Provide monthly and timely email bulletin updates to all parents during the academic year, and prepare articles for quarterly congregational newsletter.
* Engage prospective families and promote the religious school in conjunction with the Executive Director.
* Communicate with Temple Staff and Congregational Board by attending weekly staff and monthly General Board meetings.