Passion. Purpose. Impact. CJP is at the heart of Greater Boston's Jewish community, but our reach is felt around the world. We bring together the resources, volunteers, leadership, and expertise to care for people in need, advocate for Israel, and ensure a vibrant Jewish future. Together, we're helping struggling families find financial stability, making Jewish learning relevant and inclusive, connecting the next generation to Jewish life, and so much more. Our greatest resource is our people — the staff, volunteers, partners and leaders who help make Greater Boston’s Jewish community a welcoming home. It’s this energy and commitment that drive CJP’s mission. We are one of Boston's oldest and most respected philanthropic organizations and we are currently seeking a Director, Stewardship and Donor Relations.
The Director of Stewardship & Donor Relations is responsible for leading, designing, implementing, and measuring an integrated and comprehensive donor relations and stewardship program that appropriately and consistently celebrates and engages donors at all levels. The Director is a forward-thinking, innovative and energetic professional with proven success in donor engagement and stewardship, capable of developing and orchestrating the implementation of a multi-year plan to advance fundraising and cultivation efforts.
• Evaluate the quality and impact of the donor relations/stewardship program whose components include use of gifts, recognition, events, gift agreements, management of information, and privacy compliance.
• Drive the development of a modernized stewardship and recognition program for key audiences, including:
o endowed fund donors
o transformational giving donors
o multiyear major donors
o new major donors
o legacy/planned giving donors
• Collaborate with gift officers, S&I colleagues, and others to create strategies for developing donor relations/stewardship opportunities that further deepen donors’ relationships to CJP.
• Advise gift officers in the design and execution of annual and multi-year stewardship plans for individual donors and top prospects.
• Establish best practices in honoring and recognizing donor giving on an annual basis, i.e. publish/email annual honor roll; developing a year-end fiscal summary report.
• Partner with the marketing and PARCAM teams to maximize potential of the annual and consecutive giving societies; advise on programmatic elements including communications and event opportunities.
• Work with Director of Stewardship Operations to review existing donor recognition societies and associated events to maximize impact and effectiveness.
• Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in direct and varied areas of stewardship, development or alumni relations, preferably in a higher education, non-profit setting.
• Experience working with volunteers and donors.
• Skilled relationship builder
• Strategic and detailed planner with experience in donor relations and fundraising
• Proactive, able to prioritize work to maximize department resources.
• Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
• Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Contribute ideas and process improvements using available resources.
• High attention to detail.
• Ability to develop and maintain solid and effective working relationships with internal and external constituents.
• Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changes and shifting priorities.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Access, Power Point, Microsoft 365, and advanced Excel), Adobe Acrobat, Raiser’s Edge.
• Occasional night and weekend work is required.
CJP offers that rare opportunity to tap your skills, talents, and experience to benefit a greater good while you grow professionally. You will work in a dynamic environment, with a diverse group of individuals who share your commitment and enthusiasm. Together, you will make a difference for Jews and non-Jews in Greater Boston and worldwide. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits and a collegial, family-friendly work and team environment.
For more information about CJP, go to www.cjp.org.
Please use this link to apply: http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx_ID=3546173
CJP conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
CJP is an equal opportunity employer. People with disabilities, women, veterans, black, indigenous and people of color, and LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.