The Jewish Federation of Greater Orange County (JFOGOC) is seeking a motivated and dynamic leader focused on cultivating and maintaining relationships within all facets of our warm and dedicated community as our next Executive Director (ED). The ideal candidate will be a effective hands-on leader and a team player with a commitment to and passion for collaboration, Jewish values and the Federation mission.
Located in the beautiful Hudson Valley about an hour north of New York City, our ED is an important representative and spokesperson for the Jewish community and works closely with our Board and its Officers, partner synagogues and county organizations in an ongoing effort to continue to strengthen and expand our programming and fundraising within Orange County.
Our Executive Director will:
• Seek out and expand opportunities for partnerships within and outside the Orange County Jewish community
• Have oversight of and manage a successful fundraising campaign by working with the campaign cabinet to engage directly with donors, implement fundraising initiatives, identify new donors and develop strategies to engage them
• Work closely with the Board, partner agencies and synagogues
• Supervise the overall financial input and plan, develop and monitor the budget; provide regular reporting to the Executive Committee
• Oversee, collaborate with and manage our office and staff
• Work with the Board and its President to cultivate new board members, support and participate in committee initiatives and programs and oversee the logistics connected to meetings.
• Oversee all programs and publicity campaigns.
• Attend our Federations meetings and events
• Effectively manage and use social media and available technology to communicate and publicize Federation events, information and programs.