Temple Akiba is a thriving Jewish Early Childhood Center and Religious School in Culver City. The ECC has approximately 90 families and the Religious School has about 200 families.
• Keep staff and children’s files current and ensure compliance with state licensing and other government agencies
• Enter and keep children’s Remini accounts current. Enter prospective families into Remini
• Create and maintain email lists
• Assist the director with newsletters, documentation, and other administrative needs.
• Work with Director to create an annual school-year calendar, enroll new students, track registration paperwork and fees
• Assist the Director, teachers, and the parent board with administrative needs.
• Answer the phones, respond to emails, and set up tours for new prospective parents
• Keep track of supplies and order as needed.
• Attend and take notes for staff meetings, staff evaluations, and parent conferences as needed
• Ability to step into a classroom and assist the staff if and when needed.-
• A minimum of three years in an administrative position
• Excellent computer and typing skills; excel, word, email, etc.
• AA or Bachelor’s degree minimum
• Must have a minimum of 12 ECE units to be a floater teacher in the classroom when needed.
The ideal candidate:
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Proactive and self-starter
• Extreme attention to detail
• Ability to keep sensitive information confidential
• Positive, warm and engaging
• Organized and efficient
• Able to handle conflict resolution and is a problem solver; creative thinker
• Proficient in Word, Excel, and other computer programs
• Flexible and able to work with a diverse group of teachers, staff, and parents
• The Administrative Assistant reports to the Director and Assistant Director of Education
• Salary: Based on experience
• Benefits: Paid vacation, sick leave, paid winter and spring break, medical insurance
• Able to pass a thorough background check and updated vaccination records (as required by state licensing).
If you meet the above qualifications, please submit a resume and cover letter briefly describing why you’d be an excellent fit for this position.
Temple Akiba is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity,