Make your mark on Jewish student life by joining Hillel of Broward and Palm Beach as the Engagement Associate. You will build one on one relationships with students, putting on awesome events around campus, and help inspire students to make a commitment to Jewish life. While we are a multi-campus Hillel, you will focus on engaging students at Florida Atlantic University, minutes from the beautiful beaches of Boca Raton and nestled in a community with incredible opportunity for Jewish students and professionals alike.
The Engagement Associate will connect with students and staff, infusing everyone and everything with a personal connection to Judaism and Israel that is relevant and transformative. Your contagious energy, outgoing personality, inclusive spirit, and creativity will serve you well as you work collaboratively with the student life team to drive the engagement strategy for FAU students. You will wake up each day (or at least most) and be genuinely excited about creating an inviting place that inspires students to explore, experience, and create vibrant Jewish lives. This is so much more than your average job!
What You’ll Do
- Map out a plan to strategically build one on one relationships with 180 students currently not engaged in Jewish life. Your engagement work will focus on students uninvolved or under involved in Hillel
- Collaborate with students and colleagues to develop new programs and help manage existing programs including Shabbat, tabling, Greek life engagement, Israel education, and more
- Connect students with a variety of opportunities including Hillel leadership positions, Jewish life on campus, jobs and internships, travel to Israel, Jewish and pro-Israel conferences and more
- Recruit for Alternative Break and Birthright Israel trips
What You’ll Bring to the Job
- 0 -2 years’ professional work experience
- Bachelors degree
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit. Things may not always go according to plan and you must be willing to take risks and learn your wins as well as your losses
- Confidence initiating and running programs, and comfort asking questions
- Belief that our work isn’t done until every Jewish student is connected to Jewish life
- Creative problem-solving
- Excitement to continue developing your own relationship to Judaism and Israel
What You’ll Receive
- Competitive salary in the nonprofit marketplace. The salary range for this role is $36,000 - $40,000
- A comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plan, Life, AD&D and Long Term Disability (LTD) insurances, Flexible Spending accounts, generous vacation/sick time, and parental leave
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities
- Travel regionally and abroad, particularly to Israel
About Hillel of Broward and Palm Beach
South Florida is home to one of the largest and most diverse Jewish communities in the United States. Our main facility, the Levine Weinberger Jewish Life Center, is located minutes from the pristine Atlantic Ocean in Boca Raton on the campus of Florida Atlantic University, with a second facility on the campus at Nova Southeastern University in Ft. Lauderdale. The Jewish community is extremely active, with several Jewish day schools, many synagogues, and a variety of opportunities for young adult involvement - and we have some of the best weather in the country – warm and sunny year-round, and never, ever any snow.
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Hillel of Broward and Palm Beach is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.