Hillel Ottawa is hiring! Seeking a creative and engaging young professional with strong interpersonal, programming, and communications skills to serve as the Student Life Coordinator for students on Ottawa’s university campuses. The successful candidate will have a strong Jewish background, be a self-starter who can engage students to assist in driving Hillel Ottawa’s mission forward. The Student Life Coordinator reports to Hillel Ottawa’s Director.
Requirements to work at Hillel Ottawa:
- Exceptional leadership, communication and networking skills.
- A passion for strengthening and growing Jewish community through programs, events, and religious observances on campus.
- A pluralistic approach to religious expression.
- At least one year of relevant work/volunteer experience.
- A cellphone, valid driver’s license, and a reliable vehicle.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Student Life Coordinator:
Outreach and engagement
- Work collaboratively with student leadership to plan programs and events.
- Cultivate meaningful relationships with Jewish students by meeting them face-to-face, where they live, work or study, utilizing creative methods to reach and interest them.
- Assist in the development of an array of formal and informal opportunities for Jewish students.
- Help to develop creative means of communication with students for the purposes of recruitment, marketing, and new engagement opportunities.
- Engage students through social media platforms including Facebook, and Instagram.
Administration and Development
- Assist in maintaining records of events, attendance and program evaluation.
- Assist in maintaining Hillel Ottawa physical resources, including equipment and facilities.
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary in the non-profit marketplace.
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities.
- Practically unlimited paid coffee dates with students!
- Flexible work hours.
- Free membership to Ottawa’s Jewish community center including gym membership.
Application Deadline: June 15, 2021
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to Sasha Kathron, Hillel Ottawa Director. For additional information please contact Sasha Kathron, Hillel Ottawa Director
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.