Congregation Beth Elohim, a vibrant reform congregation located in Park Slope Brooklyn, seeks an innovative, energetic, and passionate educator to serve as its Early Childhood Center (ECC) Associate Director. The Congregation Beth Elohim Early Childhood Center is a preschool dedicated to providing children aged 2 to 5 with a learning environment that nurtures their growth, curiosity and self-esteem. Our emergent curriculum is developed through direct observation of children’s interests and individual needs. The traditions and basic values of the Jewish culture are integrated throughout to strengthen our learning community
The ECC Associate Director supports a nurturing learning environment, helping children and faculty to grow emotionally, socially, intellectually, physically and spiritually through a child-centered, developmentally appropriate curriculum.
The ECC Associate Director will be responsible for assisting with the oversight and management of the ECC’s day-to-day operations. She/he will plan, direct and/or assist with all the activities of the preschool and camp and their programs under the supervision of the Early Childhood Director. Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, implementing the pedagogical vision of the school; assisting in leading and guiding the teaching staff in the design and implementation of an enhanced, integrated, Jewish, and developmentally appropriate curriculum; providing faculty with meaningful professional development opportunities; promoting a nurturing, welcoming, and engaging atmosphere at the ECC; participating in the cultivation of a strong sense of community among ECC constituencies.
The ideal candidate will demonstrates leadership qualities and commitment to maintaining the integrity of the ECC and must:
• have the ability to articulate the influences of the constructivist approach to the classroom educators and parents
• organize the classroom environment and experiences with the developmentally appropriate principles in mind
• be flexible and able to coordinate schedule with classroom team
• have the ability to set priorities
• have a commitment to building a cohesive team
• demonstrate leadership qualities and management strategies
• commitment to maintaining the integrity of the ECC
• Possess strong organizational skills and must be organized, creative, and flexible.
• ability to work with a large number of people,
• demonstrate respect for children, parents and colleagues
• excellent verbal and written communication skills are required for communication with families.
• 5 years plus experience in the field of early childhood education
• A proven record of working effectively with children and families
• Excellent administrative skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, NYS Certification