MILTON is currently seeking a creative and innovative full-time Pre K teacher who is ready to embrace constructivist learning through interactions with children and the environment in combination with teaching and developing foundational academic skills with developmentally appropriate practices in mind.
Teachers are expected to:
• Successfully plan and implement developmentally appropriate lessons aligned with educational philosophy and learning goals;
• Demonstrate an understanding of developmental stages and needs of young children;
• Possess skills in observation and assessment to plan learning activities;
• Understand the technology required to document and to communicate the leaning progress of children;
• Willingness to communicate and collaborate as a member of a dynamic learning team;
• Value families as partners in the child’s learning and care;
• Perform duties to maintain a safe and clean environment for children;
• Perform other duties as determined by director
• B.A. in Education or a related field required, candidates with Master’s Degrees preferred.
• Experience working with young children.
• A warm and nurturing character that supports their ability to connect with young children and their families.
• Maintain documentation of classroom projects and children’s development.
• Knowledge of child development and how learning goals are integrated within a child-centered curriculum.
• Positive attitude and eager to work collaboratively with co-teacher and colleagues.
• Strong writing and communication skills.
• A desire to continue learning through professional development.