Seeking an engaging, dynamic, and motivated professional with an entrepreneurial spirit as a Financial Resource Development (FRD) Associate. Reporting to the FRD Assistant Director and Foundation Director, the Associate will bring new approaches and innovative strategies to increasing donor engagement, giving, and volunteer participation. The Associate will work in partnership with both professional colleagues and volunteers to execute development strategy, utilizing a strong work ethic and commitment to the mission and goals of the Federation.
Key areas of focus are Annual Campaign fundraising, Foundation teen philanthropy, planned giving/endowments, and marketing and communications within both FRD and programming/outreach.
Essential job functions:
1. Develop skills in managing a planned giving and endowments program as well as annual campaign programs and initiatives
2. Provide professional support to and partner with volunteer/lay leadership to identify, initiate, and develop program, planned giving, and fundraising activities.
3. Access to professional development opportunities with campaign management and planned giving and endowments
4. Collaborate with Federation staff across departments to implement FRD and communication efforts.
5. Develop measurable outcomes to evaluate effectiveness of assignments.
6. Manage special projects and additional relevant responsibilities as determined by supervisor.
Required qualifications, knowledge, skills, abilities, and personal characteristics:
1. A passionate and optimistic individual who inspires other team members to find opportunities to make improvements and strive for excellence.
2. Results driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills along with a high degree of detail orientation.
3. Demonstrated success implementing strategic activities and tasks with clear goals, objectives and measurement tools.
4. A motivational communicator, both written and verbal, who is effective in 1-on-1 and group settings, able to engage with internal and external audiences.
5. Goal driven person who maintains high performance standards.
6. Flexible perspective – ability to work with processes and systems that are evolving and subject to change.
7. Understanding of the complexity of the volunteer/professional relationship and success managing those relationships in an effective and professional manner.
8. Strong knowledge of Jewish community, culture and practices. Passion for the mission of Federation and the Jewish community including Israel and world Jewry.
9. Experience managing and developing projects and budgets.