The Israel Institute is a non-profit organization that facilitates the expansion of Israel Studies classes at campuses in the United States, primarily through international academic exchange. More information can be found at www.israelinstitute.org.
This is a full-time, work from home position. Candidate must be able to attend staff meetings in Washington, DC two days each month. This position is a dual report to the executive director and chief operating officer. Salary Range: $60,000 to $65,000. The Institute offers a generous benefits and retirement package.
External Messaging and Events
• Write grant proposals;
• Write board reports and supplementary materials;
• Develop collateral items (brochures, email templates, one pagers, newsletters);
• Plan and manage events (board meetings, workshops, fundraisers);
• Update and monitor website design, operation, and analytics;
• Manage social media accounts;
• Create and maintain a photo and video archive; and
• Execute email outreach campaigns.
Reporting and Record Keeping
• Draft and submit reports to donors and board members;
• Oversee record keeping of donors, prospective donors, and grants, including: pitches, encounters, proposals, gift acknowledgment, grant compliance, and payments;
• Track and analyze the effectiveness of outreach; and
• Create and track communication/outreach budgets.
Other Duties as Assigned
• Willingness to put in long hours on short notice when a pitch or report is unexpectedly needed;
• A bachelor’s degree or higher;
• Outstanding writing and editing skills, including the ability to write concisely, elegantly, and accurately, and strong command of formal grammar, spelling, and punctuation;
• Willingness to draft and re-draft text and the ability to work closely and collaboratively with multiple people on projects;
• Strong executive function and ability to project manage;
• Excellent attention to detail; and
• Comfort in reporting quantitative data.
• Proficiency in Hebrew and extensive knowledge of Israel;
• Experience writing grant proposals and reports; and
• Experience with website development and oversight, including Google Analytics.