Job Title: Judaic Studies Teacher for Lower Elementary
Reports to: K-8 Director
Kadima Day School is seeking a full-time Judaic Studies teacher.
Job Summary: A Judaic studies teacher is responsible for planning and teaching Torah, Jewish Holidays, T’fillah, and the Kadima Way Values. Responsibilities include promoting the safety and well-being of all members of the classroom community; planning and implementing Judaic learning that promotes students’ active inquiry, discovery, and learning.
- Develop and implement a Judaic studies curriculum that encourages students to engage in Torah learning in an inquiring, deep, and reverent way
- Teach Torah using original Hebrew text and traditional commentary
- Engage students in critical thinking
- Foster the deeper meaning of each of the Jewish holidays, the key laws, and traditions
- Develop an appreciation of Israel as both a historic and spiritual center of Judaism
- Connect students to the deeper meaning of the weekday and Shabbat tefillot
- Use a variety of teaching practices to promote engagement and motivation, student choice and accountability, and the 4 C’s - critical thinking, creativity, collaboration, and communication
- Foster a classroom community founded on trust, respect, self-regard and mutual regard, openness, inclusiveness, wonder, and joy
- Work collaboratively with other members of the faculty to cultivate an invigorating, safe, respectful atmosphere across the school
- Communicate with parents to promote active partnership and collaboration
- Engage in professional development as a foremost priority
- Bachelor’s degree
- Judaic background and knowledge
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission and core values of Kadima
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Team player - thrives in a collaborative work environment
- 3 years of teaching experience strongly preferred
Please read the job description carefully before applying.
Job Type: Full-time