About the Jewish Community Campus and JCC
The Jewish Community Campus in Rockland County is a 135,000 square foot building located in West Nyack NY which is home to JCC Rockland, Rockland Jewish Family Service, & Jewish Federation & Foundation of Rockland County.
JCC Rockland provides programming primarily in Rockland County NY and JCC of Northern NJ provides programming in Western Bergen County and the Pascack Valley region.
Jewish Community Campus, Capital Campaign Responsibilities
The Development Director is responsible to work with the CEO to lead the effort to raise capital as required to ensure the long term viability of the Jewish community Campus. The Development Director works hand-in-hand with, and reports to, the CEO, to develop campaign strategies to support the Campus. Duties and Responsibilities include:
1. Cultivation and solicitation of donors
2. Implement a coordinated strategy to attract the maximum financial support from donors
3. Support and train lay leaders in their cultivation and solicitation activities
4. Work with lay committees as required
5. Manage existing and new capital campaign supporting documents including dedications, marketing materials and the like
6. Manage and oversee Life and Legacy campaign and efforts
JCC Rockland and JCC of Northern New Jersey, Operations Fundraising & Development Responsibilities
1. Develop annual fund development plans for JCC Rockland and JCC of Northern New Jersey
2. Work closely with CEO and manage and oversee JCC Rockland Director of Donor Relations
3. Oversee and manage fundraising events
4. Manage lay leadership relationships as well as interactions with staff in cultivation of potential donors
5. Research public and private grant sources (agencies, corporations, and foundations) to identify sources of funding
6. Organize individual donor campaigns (e.g., major donors, direct mail, others)
Qualifications and Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree and at least five years of development experience with demonstrated success soliciting and closing major gifts: experience in Jewish communal work preferred.
Creativity and passion complimented by broad experience in the various elements of fundraising
Experience building and maintaining long-term productive relationships with all donor types including major donors, board members, volunteers, and staff.
Demonstrated ability to set and achieve or exceed goals and meet deadlines under pressure in a fast-paced organization emphasizing teamwork, respect and excellence.
Ability to think strategically and be hands-on while managing multiple priorities.
Strong organizational, time management and project management skills.
Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
Strong sense of ethics and propriety
Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
Knowledge and involvement with Jewish community-at-large is a plus.