About the Organization:
UJA-Federation of New York is the largest local philanthropy in the world. For more than 100 years, we’ve brought New Yorkers together to solve some of the most pressing problems facing our community. Thanks to our network of hundreds of non-profits, we can leverage our expertise across any number of areas — including health and human services, arts and culture, and education — to care for Jews everywhere and New Yorkers of all backgrounds, respond to crises close to home and far away, and shape our Jewish future. Our reach extends from New York to Israel to nearly 70 other countries around the world, touching 4.5 million people each year.
The Marketing Associate at UJA-Federation is responsible for the production and execution of direct mail, email, and other integrated marketing campaigns and initiatives. The ideal candidate will successfully juggle multiple projects and priorities with a flexible work style, and will thrive with tight deadlines and changing needs. This position reports to the Marketing Project Manager.
· Provide production support for Direct Mail and digital campaigns and projects, adhering to timelines and budgets.
· Review and approve data and creative assets (both internal & external, including proofs & setups) for accuracy, executing quality-assurance processes with a meticulous attention to detail.
· Interface with internal and external resources (designers, writers, legal, IT, operations, print vendors, data vendors, and others) to maintain project efficiency.
· Ensure smooth trafficking of data and creative assets between departments and with external vendors.
· Reconcile vendor invoices and prepare final cost summaries.
· Achieve proficiency in the tools used by the email production team, including, but not limited to, Litmus, ExactTarget, and Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
· Produce and deploy customized emails, adhering to the organization’s brand and communication guidelines and established quality assurance practices. Collaborate closely with marketing executives, project managers, and the email team to find optimal solutions for scheduling and audience management.
· Maintain an expansive, up-to-date repository of documentation of non-event related emails, including the strategy, pull criteria, email creative, initial/subsequent performance analysis, & any other pertinent information.
· Take ownership of various ad hoc campaign tasks and details.
· Provide input regarding increasing the efficiency of processes related to direct mail and email campaign execution.
· Act as backup project manager for fundraising, lead-generation, cultivation, and crisis/disaster email campaigns.
- Bachelor’s in marketing, communications, or related business discipline
- 1-3 years of marketing experience (preferably direct or digital marketing)
- Excellent attention to detail, with ability to see the bigger picture
- Highly organized, with the ability to follow through on projects from inception to completion
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and familiar with Word and PowerPoint
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Jewish philanthropy experience a plus