Who We Are
We’re 18Doors, the only national Jewish non-profit laser focused on understanding, connecting with and communicating the needs of interfaith couples and families where one spouse is Jewish, and one has another spiritual or religious background. 18Doors has a website full of essays, advice, resources and recipes; programs for interfaith couples and families; a Jewish clergy referral service; rabbinic fellowship program and professional development for Jewish leaders, professionals and organizations—all focused on helping couples and families to connect and build the Jewish life they want. We want our team to reflect the diversity of our world, and of interfaith couples and families.
Who You Are
You are good-natured, highly organized, detail-oriented, calm under pressure and collaborative, and thrive in a fluid, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment. You are proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and have experience with a broad range of programs such as Zoom, Expensify, Asana, Salesforce and Canva, and are very willing and able to learn new technology. You have excellent communication skills and are able to manage up.
You will work closely with both the CEO and COO, and will maximize the effectiveness of the organization in meeting its goals by providing comprehensive administrative support in this part time 20hr/week role. You will be responsible for the oversight of the administrative activities of the executive office including, but not limited to: managing administrative functions, supporting the Development staff, planning and implementing all staff and board meetings and additional office support.
You will be required to be onsite at our National office in Natick, Mass., at least one day each week.
We want our team to reflect the diversity of our world, and of interfaith couples and families. 18Doors is committed to diversifying our employees and welcomes applications from those groups that have historically been underrepresented in our organization—people of color, people with disabilities and LGBTQ people.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions
- General organizational support, including: greeting visitors, answering phones, faxing, handling inbound/outbound mail, purchasing office supplies, scheduling conference calls, filtering email, preparation of routine and non-routine correspondence including thank you letters, other correspondence, memoranda and reports. Also required: Driving to and checking the post office box in Newton, Mass. for mail at least once each week.
- Work with the development staff to assist with fundraising efforts: tracking and recording income, reconciling monthly income statements, managing donor acknowledgements, maintaining funders and potential funders contact database, assisting in scheduling needs, helping to create fundraising packages and managing donor acknowledgements.
- Manage the administration, logistics, meetings and follow-up for the Board of Directors and committees. Specific responsibilities include agendas, master calendaring, gathering/distributing materials and preparing meeting minutes.
- Responsible for all National office management (based in Natick, MA), including: acting as key contact with all office vendors, ordering supplies, acting as the liaison between tenants and the organization, invoice processing, overseeing overall presentation and organization of the office space.
- Write, proofread and/or edit correspondence as applicable.
- Exercise independent judgment and discretion to interpret and handle requests for appointments and information, route them to others and/or handle them, as appropriate.
- Notify CEO of important and urgent matters in a timely manner.
- Assist with the logistics and execution of events, such as galas, board meetings, staff retreats and other fundraising events.
- Create and maintain documents and processes that ensure efficiency of the organization such as contact lists, software licenses, computer distribution records, etc.
- Take initiative and determine office supply needs. Responsible for supply ordering, refilling and organizing: snacks, soda/coffee, office supplies.
- Ship materials from the national office to Innovation Hubs and external staff, as necessary.
- Set up and plan in- and out-of-office events including team lunches, meet-ups, donor & conference events.
- Manage the staff birthday, personal events and other activities and order gifts/etc. as necessary.
- Perform other position-related duties and take initiative to complete tasks and projects as required/assigned.
Experience & Qualifications
- Requires a bachelor’s degree and 5 to 7 years of administrative assistant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience working within non-profit organization desired and interfaith families or Jewish organizations a plus.
- Must be highly organized
- Outstanding prioritization skills and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and exemplary attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively and diplomatically with all members of the 18Doors community, including the Board, donors and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, anticipate the CEO’s needs and determine urgent matters that require the CEO’s attention.
- Ability to work in a virtual environment.
- Ability to set priorities, work independently, multi-task with regular interruptions, problem solve, maintain confidentiality and coordinate projects successfully.
- Demonstrated dependability, reliability and flexibility.
- Schedule may include some evening or weekend hours, as needed.
- Proficiency with MS Office required, experience with programs such as Expensify, Asana, Salesforce and Canva preferred, and ability to learn new technologies necessary.
- Comfortable with the ambiguity that sometimes occurs in a fast-paced organization, and flexible enough to meet changing demands.
- Personal commitment to furthering Jewish engagement of interfaith families and an appreciation of the importance of doing so to strengthen Jewish identity and community preferred.