Job Title: 3rd-5th Grade Differentiation Specialist
The Brandeis School, an independent Jewish day school in San Francisco, seeks a 3rd- 5th grade Differentiation Specialist for our students. The position is for the 2021/2022 school year beginning August 21, 2021. This position will report to the director of learning services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Will be an active, integrated part of the 3rd-5th grade teams.
• Will work in collaboration with 3rd-5th grade teams to problem solve and to identify innovative, practical, and effective differentiation strategies based on student strengths and to meet student learning needs.
• Will assess student performance and tailor curriculum for both intervention and acceleration.
• In the classroom will support students in the whole group setting, small group setting, and with individual students to implement programs. They will also help communicate learning plans to parents and tutors who are working with students.
• Degree in Special Education
• A minimum of three years teaching experience
• Familiar with the principles of teaching reading, writing, math at the upper elementary level. Ideally the candidate will have some experience with Readers’ and Writers’ Workshop Units of Study as well as with Singapore Math
• Knowledge of and experience with intervention and enrichment programs for lower school - middle school.
• Ability to screen, monitor progress and implement small group or individual student push-ins to support the acquisition of reading, writing and math.
• Experience in working with small groups
• Experience in collaborating with teams, teachers, and parents.
• Experience with developing and supporting positive classroom learning environments
• Flexibility and ability to modify student work in the moment
The school offers competitive compensation based on prior experience, education, and position requirements. Medical, dental, life, and long-term disability and retirement benefits are provided.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a resum********************hat you do not contact the school directly.
The Brandeis School of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Citizenship, residency or work VISA in the United States is required.