Passion. Purpose. Impact. CJP is at the heart of Greater Boston's Jewish community, but our reach is felt around the world. We bring together the resources, volunteers, leadership, and expertise to care for people in need, advocate for Israel, and ensure a vibrant Jewish future. Together, we're helping struggling families find financial stability, making Jewish learning relevant and inclusive, connecting the next generation to Jewish life, and so much more. Our greatest resource is our people — the staff, volunteers, partners and leaders who help make Greater Boston’s Jewish community a welcoming home. It’s this energy and commitment that drive CJP’s mission. We are one of Boston's oldest and most respected philanthropic organizations and we are currently seeking a Development Associate.
The Development Associate will be an integral member of CJP’s Individual Giving and Campaign team. The Development Associate will work directly with the Director, Major Gifts Strategy to support their overall administrative needs. They will also perform administrative duties to support Development Officers in their fundraising efforts. The Associate will serve as a contact for other internal departments and will complete special projects on an ad hoc basis.
• Proactively manage and coordinate with detail the Director, Major Gifts Strategy calendar and overall schedule.
• Partner with Director, Major Gift Strategy on donor strategy management for their top prospects and donors and maintain comprehensive development plans in the database.
• Create and manage groups, reports and exports using database, manipulate and analyze lists, and support donor review process. Serve as a database power user.
• Ensure all donor contact is recorded in database and biographical information updates are processed.
• Develop background for briefing memos.
• Contribute to donor solicitation, cultivation and stewardship projects.
• Provide administrative support on Development events and programs.
• Process expense reports and support internal calendaring.
• Assist with providing back-up coverage for CJP switchboard/reception area.
• Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.