Temple Reyim is a vibrant, traditional, egalitarian, inclusive and spiritual community of about 245 membership households across four generations. We are home to Kesher, a nationally recognized Jewish after-school program for children grades K-8, as well as many community organizations that call Reyim home.
We are looking for an energetic, creative and dedicated leader of youth programs to help our community grow into its next stage of development.
• You have both leadership qualities and practical experience
• You love working in the Jewish community and are excited to develop and lead creative youth programs
• You are warm, down-to-earth and caring and enjoy working with children of various ages
• You consider yourself a builder and partner and are excited to help our community grow
• You have organizational, communication and social media skills that will help energize and grow the engagement of our children and families
• You are open to a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends
• You have a Bachelors’ degree and experience as a leader in Jewish community
About the Director of Youth Programs position:
• The Director will be responsible for implementing our vision for youth programming for children grades K-12, including remote and in-person programming once we are to safely re-enter the community post-pandemic
• The Director will work closely with our Youth Committee and Rabbi to develop programs relating to community service, Jewish identity and spirituality, friendship and leadership skills, with sensitivity to social, emotional and spiritual needs stemming from the impact of the pandemic
• The position will initially focus on programming for children in fourth through eighth grade, including partnering with the Rabbi in developing and leading our B’nei Mitzvah program and will include some programming on Shabbat and holidays
• The Director will be responsible for renewing our teen programming, including building community partnerships to help teens connect to the broader Jewish community
• The Director will get to know children and families very well and be active in outreach within the Reyim community to grow participation and sow seeds of excitement
This is a part-time staff position. Expected hours are 20 hours/week. Salary will be commensurate with experience, in the range of $25,000-$30,000 annually. Please share your resume and cover letter with th*********************