A strategic team player with a can-do attitude, the 4Front Program Associate helps to implement a vision for more engaged Jewish teens throughout Jewish Baltimore. This position facilitates several programmatic areas: teen relational engagement, hands on service learning, teen philanthropy, and teen summer programming, (specifically this program associate will implement 4Front’s Teen Service Council, FUN(d) Teen Giving Circle, Peer Leadership Fellows, and will lead a JCamps teen summer experience). While relationship building permeates everything we do at 4Front, it is by far, most critical in these arenas. The Program Associate will also serve as a role model and be a relationship builder for young people. This person is on the front lines with teens as they navigate the challenges of adolescence and serves as a guide on their Jewish and social development journeys and therefore should be connected to their own spiritual experience.
1. Bachelor’s Degree, (Degrees in education, Jewish studies, social work, or sociology a plus, but not required)
2. Familiarity with Jewish concepts and values, calendar, and practices
3. Proven success developing personal connections with and mentoring teens
4. Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
5. Strong organizational skills and written/oral communication skills
6. Ability to plan, organize, and execute programs
7. Works well in a team environment
8. Proven success in a leadership position
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develop, plan and implement the following teen programs: Peer Leadership Fellows, Teen Service Council, FUN(d) Teen Giving Circle, and a JCamp teen summer experience. Program implementation includes but is not limited to developing program curriculum, planning and facilitating workshops and meetings, coordinating program logistics, programmatic budget management, recruiting and selecting participants, and communicating with teen participants and parents.
2. Develop strong relationships with teens, parents, and program participants.
3. Serve as a passionate and enthusiastic advocate for Jewish teen engagement.
4. Participate fully as a member of the 4Front team: trainings, staff meetings, supervision, committees, and special events. Represent 4Front at appropriate communal programming (i.e. E3 Youth Professionals group).
5. Participate in agency (JCC) training, staff meetings, committees and special events. Represent the JCC on appropriate staff committees and at interagency and professional conferences as required.
6. Perform other duties as assigned.
4Front is a great place to work! 4Front is the Baltimore Jewish community’s comprehensive teen initiative. Based on four pillars, advocate, innovate, educate, and collaborate, 4Front serves as a gathering place and open channel for Baltimore’s Jewish teens and the adults who care about them. Here, teens are encouraged to explore their Judaism in ways that are meaningful to them. Given the “start-up” culture of our initiative, experimentation is embraced and creativity is encouraged. Because 4Front revolves around teens, our hours often reflect their schedules. This job requires the ability to work evenings and weekends.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and incumbent will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by supervisor or other management as required. The JCC reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the needs arise. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
The JCC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.