The ATJC Tauber Academy is seeking an energetic, organized, articulate individual with excellent people skills to oversee and coordinate the early childhood programs. This is a full-time, advanced management position that requires independent judgment, initiative, creativity, and flexibility. It requires someone with expertise in early childhood education and management.
This individual welcomes collaboration with the long-standing teaching staff, enjoys interacting with children, is dedicated to promoting an appreciation for Jewish culture and values, and is passionate about building a nurturing dynamic center to serve families and their children.
Our accredited infant toddler center and preschool provides high quality half and full day early childhood and Kindergarten educational programs within an enriched Jewish environment.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Oversight of the day-to-day of a year-round developmental, play-based program.
• Development and implementation of a vision for excellence which includes best practices in early childhood education
• Facilitation of classroom oversight and management
• Oversight of program growth
• Enhancement and maintenance of strong relationships with teachers and families
• Recruitment, supervision, mentoring, professional development and evaluation of teachers
• Recruit, tour and manage families for enrollment
• Retain families for following years through community building efforts
• Facilitation of proactive communication with parents
• Develop community partnerships with schools and agencies
• Oversight of budget
• Foster a nurturing, inclusive, and engaging natural environment which reflects respect and compassion that is supportive of and accessible to children
• Identification and development of grant opportunities to support preschool programming
• Support integration of families into the activities of the parent shul.
• Maintain accreditations
Salary & Benefits
• Salary is commensurate with skills & experience.
• Vacation and paid leave
• Health insurance
• National & Jewish holidays
• Full family membership at parent shul
• Free enrollment in our ECC, Kindergarten, Summer Camp, Religious School and B’nai Mitzvah program.
• Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education and/or family development, Master’s degree preferred
• Management experience
• Minimum five years teaching experience, preferably in early childhood
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Willingness to meet standards for a program administrator as mandated by the State of Florida
• Strong Judaic background or past experience in a Jewish organization
• Demonstrated team leadership and ability to interface effectively with the community