UJA-Federation of New York is the largest local philanthropy in the world. For more than 100 years, we’ve brought New Yorkers together to solve some of the most pressing problems facing our community. Thanks to our network of hundreds of non-profits, we can leverage our expertise across any number of areas — including health and human services, arts and culture, and education — to care for Jews everywhere and New Yorkers of all backgrounds, respond to crises close to home and far away, and shape our Jewish future. Our reach extends from New York to Israel to nearly 70 other countries around the world, touching 4.5 million people each year.
The Junior Database Administrator will assist the Senior DBA to manage the organization’s multiple SQL Server 2012, 2016 and 2019 SQL Servers and databases. In addition, the candidate will write stored procedures, functions, queries and reports for business data analysis and maintain automatic data upload processes.
• Install and maintain SQL Servers.
• Create/migrate and deploy databases.
• Create and maintain database backup and restore plans.
• Manage SQL Server and database security.
• Test disaster recovery scenarios – Perform regular random drills to test the backup plan and to test the integrity of the company’s backups.
• Assist with performance tuning – tune the file structure and organization, schedule index rebuilds, and any hardware-type decisions. Determine where poorly running queries are and provide any assistance in rewriting the queries. Improve/Fix system and poor statements performance issues.
• Export and import data between databases as well as between database and file.
• Create tables and views, write stored procedures, functions, queries and reports.
• Develop and maintain automatic data upload processes.
• Support various 3-tier internal applications.
• At least 3 years’ experience in database administration
• Knowledge of Windows Sever 2008R2 and up
• Transact-SQL experience
• VB, Java, or Powershell scripting experience
• Knowledge of .Net
• Knowledge of IIS
• Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline
• Strong analytical skills are a must
• Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing
• Ability to function in a fast-paced environment
• Able to work in a team environment
• Able to be on-call during off-hours
• Not-For-Profit industry experience