Job No: 495305
Work Type: Staff Full-time
Department: YU High School for Girls
Location: YU High School for Girls, 86-86 Palo Alto Street, Holliswood, NY
Categories: Administrative Support
The Office Manager position atYU High School for Girls, Centralis a year-round, administrative position reporting directly to the Head ofSchool. The Office Manager is responsible for all day to day responsibilities for the high school.
- Supervise, monitor and coordinate the activity of office
- Maintain all aspects of school and student records, including:
- Academic files
- Parental releases
- Admissions files
- Course schedule, student registration and class lists
- Course enrollment, course changes, and schedule changes
- Student grades, progress reports, and report cards
- Transcripts, diplomas
- Maintaining faculty information (contact information, attendance)
- Design and collaborate with the student attendance coordinator
- Coordination and production of Student and Faculty Handbooks
- Oversee and update school calendar
- Coordinate transportation for daily bus routes, athletics and trips
- Answer phones, respond to main email box in a timely fashion and with a helpful disposition
- Assist with Main Office, Business Office, Office of Admissions, and HR tasks, as assigned
- Execute various responsibilities with the YUHS dinner and scholarship campaign
- Independently compose confidential correspondence with parents, faculty and upper administration
Experience & Educational Background:
- 3-5 years relevant experience
- Bachelor's Degree required
Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to effectively multitask and prioritize responsibilities
- Develops effective written communications and uses them appropriately
- Excellent communication skills to deal with emotional and/or confidential situations.
- Interacts and proactively shares information with internal and external contacts where appropriate
- Develops effective relationships with peers, students and employees
- Assumes responsibility to ensure issues/concerns will be addressed and monitors them through conclusion
- Identifies, defines and analyzes information and situations before recommending a course of action
- Effectively manages own time and resources
- Seeks to apply technology and innovation to improve efficiency and solve problems
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and ability to become proficient in additional technical systems
- Proficiency in spoken and written Hebrew
Founded in 1886, Yeshiva University (YU) has a strong tradition of combining Jewish scholarship with academic excellence and achievement in the liberal arts, sciences, medicine, law, business, social work, Jewish studies, education, psychology, and more.
We are a leading global educational institution that employs 2,000 people across our various campus locations -- Wilf Campus, Beren Campus, Brookdale Center, Resnick Campus in the Bronx, the Gruss Institute in Jerusalem, the Boys High School in Manhattan and the Girls High School in Queens. From the distinguished faculty who teach here, to the dedicated staff, we work to fulfill our mission through all that we teach, by all that we do and for all those we serve. We seek to attract and retain engaged and committed individuals who contribute to an exciting working environment, where there is a sense of community and belonging, balanced with a significant cross section of people from diverse backgrounds working and studying together.
The University offers an excellent compensation package, and a broad range of employee benefit plans, including immediate participation in the University's retirement plan. Staff members are typically eligible for four weeks paid vacation each year and have access to a shuttle to nearby subway locations.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Yeshiva University is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
To apply, visit http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.