Congregation Ner Tamid is seeking a Director of Early Childhood Education as a full-time professional position that will be a part of the leadership team of our congregation. This position will include responsibility for the overall daily operation of the Early Childhood Education Center (ECEC), the educational policies and procedures, supervision of all school staff and students, and school finance and operations.
Congregation Ner Tamid is an evolving, vibrant, growing Reform Jewish congregation dedicated to providing a sense of community for its members as well as opportunities for spiritual growth and developing a strong Jewish identity.
The Kantor Early Childhood Center will be a fully-licensed program for ages 18 months thru pre-kindergarten, with full or half-day, and partial-week enrollment options.The ECEC will be open to all families in the community, whether Jewish or non-Jewish. The Kantor ECEC will incorporate Reform Judaism into its curriculum. Membership in Congregation Ner Tamid is not required.
Responsibilities - Summary:
• Program and Curriculum Development & Implementation
• Recruit, Develop & Maintain ECEC Staff
• Ensure adherence to all Clark County Licensing requirements
• School and Summer Program Registration / Enrollment including marketing, program/facility tours and follow up with interested families
• Communication to Families, Staff and Community including the ECEC Online Presence
• Facilities Management including classrooms and outdoor play areas
• Fiscal Responsibilities including budget development/management, tuition and financial reconciliations
• Congregation Ner Tamid Professional staff responsibilities include staff meetings, event attendance that involve young children and collaborating with other professional staff.
• Meet the current requirements of the State of Nevada &Clark County regulations of Child Care Licensing including:
• Continuing Education
• Infant and Child CPR and First Aid certification
• Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, elementary education or child development
• Preferred: Masters degree in related childhood education and development fields
• Early Childhood classroom experience
• Supervisory experience preferred
• Run a 12-month program including both school and summer program
• Understanding of a range of early childhood philosophies and methods.
Preferred: An understanding and appreciation for Reform Judaism
Job Type: Full-time