Primary Function: The candidate for this position will teach elementary grade students in our Jewish Community Day School. The qualified teacher is warm and supportive of the developmental needs of children of this age. The teacher should be able to teach the curriculum in Hebrew immersion style and is preferably a native Hebrew speaker. The Judaic studies curriculum includes the teaching of holiday customs and rituals, prayer, and Israel. Our school uses the "Responsive Classroom" Model for classroom management and for creating a strong and caring classroom community where all students are valued.
· A certified teacher with experience working in a day school setting.
· Knowledgeable about teaching all aspects of Jewish Studies in a day school setting. (Hebrew, Humash, Holidays, Mitzvot, Israel, Tefillah)
· Warm, supportive and patient personality.
· Leadership and organizational skills are necessary for this position.
· Outstanding communication skills with students and families.
· A strong desire to work daily and enthusiastically promoting individual students’ strengths and abilities.
· The qualified candidate must enjoy working as a team player with colleagues.
· Fluent in speaking Hebrew.
· Competent computer skills
Reports to: Head of School
Essential Functions: This teacher will plan lessons and units that will enrich our students in Jewish Studies while managing classroom routines on a daily basis. Lesson plans are required and communications with families regularly is an important aspect of the position. Report cards are prepared electronically 3 times a year.