The high school coordinator represents StandWithUs and the department within their region. The primary responsibilities are mentoring the regional StandWithUs Kenneth Leventhal High School Interns, managing the regional Teen Leadership Councils with the regional high school assistant (if applicable), leading educational outreach efforts, and collaborating with the regional staff to support local efforts. The coordinator will also promote positive education about the Jewish people and Israel in curricula applicable to their region at the state and local level. In short, you are the go-to person for all things Israel and combating antisemitism for high schools and high school students in your region. This position is based in any metropolitan area within the region but preferably in Texas, Nevada, or Arizona.
The High School Coordinator recruits, educates, and mentors high school students in the Southwest Region (Southern NV, AZ, CO, NM, OK, TX, AR, LA, MO, KS) to become successful educators for Israel and empowered to combat antisemitism. Reporting to the Executive Director of High School Affairs and Associate Director of High School Affairs, the High School Coordinator position is an entry-level position. You will be a member of a dynamic team of passionate professionals and work with various student and community groups to provide education and resources to high school teens.
Throughout the year, the High School Coordinator will focus on cultivating new and existing relationships with high school students of all faiths, educating them about Israel, mentoring them in effective Israel education skills, how to combat and educate about antisemitism, and providing them with resources and material to empower their communities. In addition, the position entails recruiting student participants and providing them with guidance and support throughout their participation in the program.
The High School Coordinator will support the Executive Director of High School Affairs and Associate Director of High School Affairs with national high school programming and participate in the organization’s online and social media presence. The High School Coordinator represents StandWithUs to the greater regional community through outreach programs and fundraising activities that build StandWithUs’ local profile.
The position normally entails frequent travel within the specified region, but because of Covid-19, travel is currently on hold. This is subject to change based on health guidelines. If you live in an area where public transportation is not commonly used, it is a requirement to have a personal vehicle available to you, a valid driver’s license, and current, comprehensive drivers’ insurance including liability, for work-related matters.
The High School Coordinator should be available to executive management for additional assignments as needed, including events and meetings outside normal working hours.
- Present educational programs, workshops, and lead interactive discussions on topics related to Israel and combating antisemitism for high school students, professionals in the high school space, and occasionally other audiences.
- Provide educational resources and material to student leaders and mentor them on activism, leadership and programming skills.
- Recruit and outreach to high school students and teachers of all faiths.
- Develop and cultivate professional networks with relevant organizations and professionals.
- Facilitate regular communication with students and the program’s professional staff.
- Consistent use of social media platforms to promote the high school department, our work, our students’ work, and our accomplishments.
- Assist in the planning and execution of local, regional, and national conferences and summits.
- Document student activities: photos from events, gathering testimonials, quantifying high school data for semester reporting.
- Track and respond to antisemitic incidents in the high school space within the region.
- Communicate and facilitate efforts with local StandWithUs community chapter (ie: events organization and promotion)
- Promote positive, factual education about the Jewish people and Israel in curricula applicable to their region at the state and local level.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge related to Israel, the Middle East, and topics related to the Jewish community with regards to antisemitism.
- B.A. required. Recent graduates with knowledge of Israel and international politics.
- 2-3 years of experience in Israel activism on campus required.
- Passion for educating and mentoring teens about Israel.
- Leadership experience in camp, youth movements, synagogues, and teen programs.
- Experience with teaching, lecturing, public speaking required.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- A high degree of creativity and flexibility in order to meet organizational objectives and demands.
- Demonstrated project management, supervisory and time management skills.
- Computer literacy, including proficiency with MS Office, Google Suite applications, and internet applications.
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, organized, reliable, team player, proactive, strong work ethic, leadership skills; ability to multitask.
- Must have American citizenship or a valid work visa. StandWithUs cannot sponsor visas.
- The position includes a competitive salary and healthcare benefits.