We’re looking for a highly motivated, creative thinker to join our mission to make Jewish texts accessible and engaging for a diverse and growing audience. The Communications Associate is a full-time, remote position. This position provides key marketing and communications support for the team’s day-to-day operations as well as major projects and initiatives. Reporting to the Senior Marketing & Communications Manager, the ideal candidate is a strong writer who is equal-parts organized, detail-oriented, and able to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Identify new and innovative opportunities for engaging with our community. Proactively listen and engage in community conversations, identifying audience asks and turning them into potential creative
- Maintain Sefaria’s communications and launch calendars, ensuring the information is up to date and content is going out as scheduled (using Trello, Nation Builder, MailChimp, Buffer)
- Assist in the management of social media accounts, including writing content, creating original and template-based graphics in Canva, responding/reacting to comments on our social posts, and monitoring our social channels
- Write copy for emails, social media, press releases, and other external communications
- Act as a public-facing representative of Sefaria in live webinars, as well as manage and provide support for webinar operations (including pre-, mid-, and post-webinar support through Zoom, emails, YouTube, and Sheets)
- Communicate and coordinate with external vendors and contractors
- Provide general administrative support to the Marketing & Communications Department and complete other tasks as needed
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience in a related field
- 2+ years of experience in marketing, communications, and/or the nonprofit sector
- Strong writing skills and the ability to write formal and informal communications for multiple audiences
- Previous experience with content creation and graphic design
- Some knowledge of Jewish texts
- Hebrew language fluency a plus
The candidate can be based anywhere in the US. Sefaria has staff in San Francisco, Denver, Chicago, St. Louis, Boston, and New York.
Compensation & Benefits
Sefaria offers a compensation package inclusive of a competitive salary, time off, flexible schedule options, and opportunities for professional growth. The salary range for this position is $45,000 - $55,000. Benefits include:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Sefaria offers multiple medical plans (Aetna) and at least one plan is 100% employer paid for the employee. Sefaria also contributes a small amount toward premiums for dependents.
- Generous paid time off, including Jewish holidays.
- 401k with up to a 4% match after 6 months.
- Flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care expenses.
- Short- and long-term disability insurance.
- Paid parental leave, flexible schedules, and budgets for professional development and work-from-home expenses.
Priority deadline: May 9th. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.