The Development Associate will focus on coordinating and managing special projects that support building pipelines for new donors. Approximately 75% of the position will focus on the development of a young leadership pilot in the New York region with the balance of time working on outreach to rabbis, Jewish educators and community leaders; Bnai Mitzvah program, virtual panels and, when appropriate, in person parlor meetings and other events and initiatives that support development activities. This is a special opportunity to gain exposure and contribute to a dynamic and successful fund raising organization and grow and develop new skills and professional development experience.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Development in the New York region and will work closely with regional development and marketing staff as well as partners in Israel.
• In collaboration with the Senior Director of Development, coordinate and manage the implementation of a plan to prospect and engage younger donors by networking with young leaders and coordinating special events of interest to this demographic
• Staff and coordinate the ImpactIsrael Connectors Initiative including the Derech K’far Rabbinic Council and help envision, launch and manage additional “ambassador” groups
• Assist and encourage ImpactIsrael Connectors Initiative participants to actively serve as ambassadors via dissemination of talking points; programming in congregations and college campuses; writing articles; promoting Yemin Orde Youth Village as a destination for Israel trip itineraries
• Promote and coordinate Bnai Mitzvah program to highlight Yemin Orde as choice for Bnai Mitzvah projects. Assist with developing specialized website page; provide information and options projects; coordinate with fundraising and Israel based staff to cultivate relationships with B’nai Mitzvah and their families
• Identify opportunities for speaking and representation at virtual and in-person conferences such as RA, CCAR, NATE, newCAJE, JCCA, IAC etc.
• Assist fundraising staff in convening and coordinating programs – virtual, parlor meetings, etc - with compelling topics and speakers to build a pipeline of high-net worth/capacity prospects.
• Post-COVID: Manage a new program to pilot a Graduate Shaliach program. Assist with application and selection process; securing housing, marketing & booking speaking engagements and logistics
• Partner with database and administration manager for list management and running reports from CRM
• Minimum 3 years experience in one or more areas of fundraising: donor prospecting, donor research, solicitation, working with affinity groups, special events
• Ability to work with and engage young professionals; knowledge of programming that will resonate with this demographic
• Ability to juggle varied and broad responsibilities concurrently and work both independently and as part of a team environment
• Knowledge of, and experience in, event and program planning, logistics and management across multiple settings including multi-day seminars and meetings
• Ability to work with and within budgets
• Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail, accuracy, timeliness
• Strong teamwork and relationship-building skills and a warm personality
• An openness to learning new things; self-motivated and flexible with the ability to manage priorities
• Professional and friendly written and verbal communication skills
• Interest in, and familiarity with, Israel and Israeli society and Jewish community philanthropy in the US
• Ability to work and communicate effectively with a broad range or partners and donors with different perspectives and opinions
• Comfort and instincts for using/deploying social media effectively
• Ease of use with Gmail, Google Drive, MS Office, Zoom and/or other virtual platforms
• Familiarity with using CRM databases