POSITION: Freelance Communications Specialist
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
LOCATION: Remote and on-site at Larchmont Temple, Larchmont, NY
About Larchmont Temple:
We are a welcoming community that forms strong relationships with one another, our community, and the wider world. We maintain a collaborative, professional work environment.
Larchmont Temple seeks a creative, tech-savvy, and dynamic individual to provide freelance communications services up to 15 hours/week. The ideal candidate will create exciting new content that engages our current members, potential members, and the broader community in both online and print form. The Communications Specialist will build strong collaborative relationships with colleagues across the organization to understand communication objectives, make recommendations and implement initiatives to achieve goals. Excellent writing and editing skills are essential, as well as a strong sense of design and attention to detail.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
The key responsibilities will include the following:
• Develop marketing and communications materials in digital and print formats, in collaboration with staff and members as appropriate, including High Holiday communications.
• Format and send congregational emails using the temple calendar and temple newsletter in collaboration with temple groups and departments.
• Keep temple website calendar up-to-date and coordinate calendar events within the organization.
• Update temple website pages for all content and images including, school pages, events, and more.
• Film and edit clergy videos for weekly email and other marketing highlights.
• Write compelling copy and programming descriptions, and other communications as required.
• Edit, format and proofread copy submitted by others.
• Create materials such as brochures, posters, postcards, invitations, and booklets.
• Communicate with staff and congregants, identify internal and external stories, photo opportunities, and other materials to include in congregant communications.
• Manage photo library, organize, and tag with keywords for future search.
• Evaluate marketing and communications using data analytics to identify opportunities for improvement, with goal to increase overall awareness and engagement in our programs.
• Create content for and monitor social media to grow our online presence.
• Bachelor’s degree and 2-4+ years’ experience in Marketing, Communications and Graphic design.
• Digital communications & HTML5/CSS3 skills: familiar with website CMS, e-blast software systems, databases, social media platforms, Google analytics and software programs such as WordPress, InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
• Excellent writer, editor, and proofreader.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule and take full charge of tasks from start to finish.
• Ability to take initiative, set priorities and work independently.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and enthusiastic to work collaboratively with all levels of staff, volunteers, board, clergy, and lay leaders.
• Highly organized, detail oriented with the ability to juggle tasks.
• Familiarity with Jewish rituals and traditions
• List of references
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to our Executive Director, Ja******************************