POSITION TITLE: Division Development Operations Coordinator, ADL Mid-Atlantic/Midwest Division
REPORTS TO: Director of Philanthropic Outreach (DPO), Mid-Atlantic/Midwest Division
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
LOCATION: ? Washington, DC preferred. Open to additional locations within the Division including Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit and Philadelphia.
Grade/Class: Grade C, non-exempt, PSA ineligible
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
ADL (Anti-Defamation League) is the leading anti-hate organization in the world. Founded in 1913 in response to an escalating climate of antisemitism and bigotry, its essential mission hasn’t changed in more than 100 years: to stop the defamation of the Jewish people and to secure justice and fair treatment to all. Today, ADL continues to fight all forms of hate with the same vigor and passion. ADL is the first call when acts of antisemitism occur. A global leader in exposing extremism, delivering anti-bias education, and fighting hate online, ADL’s ultimate goal is a world in which no group or individual suffers from bias, discrimination or hate.
ADL’s CEO and National Director, Jonathan Greenblatt—an accomplished leader and entrepreneur in the corporate, public, and nonprofit sectors—was recruited to the organization in July 2015. He has injected new energy and brought a bold vision to the agency. Under Jonathan’s leadership, ADL is transforming itself, upgrading its capabilities, leveraging innovation, building partnerships, and pioneering new horizons.
The Divisional Development Operations Coordinator is the primary team member responsible for supporting, triaging and responding to both internal and external stakeholder needs related to fundraising administration and development operations for the Division and its regional offices. The role’s primary responsibility is internal support of the organization’s development operations functions and external customer service support responding to general and donor inquiries. Exceptional communication and organizational skills are integral to this role, and candidates must be able to develop a thorough command of ADL’s capabilities, processes and organization. Successful candidates will have exceptional responsiveness and customer service skills, strong attention to detail, and be genuinely excited to help support and improve the organization’s internal operations as well as individuals contacting the ADL for assistance.
• Internal Stakeholder Support
o Provide dedicated support on a variety of development operations needs for Division’s Regional offices. Responsibilities will include:
o coordinating donor acknowledgements & correspondence,
o processing invoices and contracts for fundraising related expenses in an organized and timely manner,
o providing full gifts processing and donor data management support,
o running basic reports from ADL’s supporter/donor database,
o entering tasks, activities and notes into the donor database for fundraisers as requested,
o managing primary and follow-up correspondence as requested,
o assisting in setting donor and stakeholder meetings, and
o generating donor and stakeholder research.
o Providing project coordination support for the Division’s VP and Direction of Philanthropic Outreach on key priority projects, driving action items and follow through on deadlines.
o Serve as a frontline problem-solver for the Division’s development function, escalating issues as needed and ensuring prompt and responsive follow through.
o Manage defined processes and ensure Divisional/Regional staff know and adhere to workflows.
o Become fully conversant on ADL’s Salesforce-based CRM database as a “Champion” and provide basic coaching to Divisional/Regional staff, encouraging adoption and use.
o Provide back up support for development professionals in regional offices as needed.
o Serve as Division point of contact with CSC Development Operations and fundraising teams.
• External Customer Service
o Resolve general and donor inquiries via phone, web and email.
o Route or escalate inquiries as necessary or resolving issues personally when warranted.
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a team
• Excellent communication, active listening and clear writing skills
• Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of situations
• Ability to analyze information and problem solve
• Ability to effectively handle a variety of matters independently in a professional, polished, and mature manner with tact, diplomacy and appropriate judgment
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and adjust workflow accordingly
• Strong commitment to customer service
• Strong computer skills required and the ability to learn new technologies as they emerge
• Comfort in working with colleagues remotely across the country?essential.??
• Two to three years’ experience required. Experience working in donor, member or client services, or related customer service or analyst role preferred
• Familiarity with CRM systems and practices preferred. Experience in a Salesforce environment a bonus.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
• Flexibility to work evenings and weekends when necessary for deadlines.? Some travel within the Division, including overnight travel, may be requested for events and key initiatives.?
The information in this job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job, nor is it to be interpreted as a contract for employment.
Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience.
ADL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Recruitment, hiring, promotions and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment shall be maintained in a manner which does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or military status, or in violation of any applicable Federal, state or local legislation.