Passion. Purpose. Impact. CJP is at the heart of Greater Boston's Jewish community, but our reach is felt around the world. We bring together the resources, volunteers, leadership, and expertise to care for people in need, advocate for Israel, and ensure a vibrant Jewish future. Together, we're helping struggling families find financial stability, making Jewish learning relevant and inclusive, connecting the next generation to Jewish life, and so much more. Our greatest resource is our people — the staff, volunteers, partners and leaders who help make Greater Boston’s Jewish community a welcoming home. It’s this energy and commitment that drive CJP’s mission. We are one of Boston's oldest and most respected philanthropic organizations and we are currently seeking a Director, Grants and Proposals.
The Director of Grants and Proposals plays a lead role in developing written narratives and presentation materials in support of securing funding from private foundations, individual philanthropists, and corporations. The Director works closely with members of the Development and Strategy and Impact teams to prepare effective and competitive proposals and reports in a timely fashion. The Director writes, reviews, edits and proofreads proposals and reports to ensure alignment with grant requirements and donor stewardship goals, as appropriate.
Facilitates all aspects of proposal and report development, approval, and submission. As appropriate, may:
• Gather and synthesize demographic data in support of proposals.
• Write, edit, and critique proposal drafts.
• Assist in assembling proposals and supporting documents.
• Provide advice and assistance on budget preparation.
• Take an active part in proposal writing
• Coordinate with the Director of Operations to facilitate proposals submission.
• Partners with the Director of Operations to maintain appropriate records, schedules, outcomes.
• Partner with the Director of Stewardship and Recognition as appropriate
• Working with CRS staff (Director, Community Relations & Stewardship Operations and Director, Stewardship and Donor Relations) on budgets, work plans, and recognition opportunities.
• Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
• Bachelors or higher degree in a discipline appropriate for the position.
• 5-7+ years of experience in corporate and foundation relations at a large nonprofit
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with, and sometimes develop, teams with diverse work styles.
• Excellent written, oral presentation, and organizational skills
• Familiarity with and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, graphics packages; experience in preparing professional electronic documents.
• Excellent time-management skills and an ability to work under the pressure of deadlines are required.
• Demonstrated experience establishing relationships with philanthropic staff at corporations, as well as securing and growing corporate and foundation support
• Demonstrated experience setting and achieving ambitious goals
• A terrific writer, who can flex their style and can analyze and synthesize complex ideas into language for “everyone”
• A superior listener, who also likes presenting before groups
• A self-starter, passionate about building successful efforts
• Creative and curious
• Able to work independently and with good judgment with both internal and external constituencies
• Excited by working collaboratively with passionate people
• Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changes and shifting priorities
• Finds resonance with CJP’s vision, mission, and goals and has a familiarity and appreciation for the Greater Boston Jewish Community.
• Remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods, much of which will be working at a computer.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds.
CJP offers that rare opportunity to tap your skills, talents, and experience to benefit a greater good while you grow professionally. You will work in a dynamic environment, with a diverse group of individuals who share your commitment and enthusiasm. Together, you will make a difference for Jews and non-Jews in Greater Boston and worldwide. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits and a collegial, family-friendly work and team environment.
For more information about CJP, go to www.cjp.org.
Please use this link to apply: http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx_ID=3663799
CJP conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
CJP is an equal opportunity employer. People with disabilities, women, veterans, black, indigenous and people of color, and LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.